Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Problem with Civ2:ToT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Civ2:ToT

Hi, I am a huge civ2 fan from back in the day and recently was given the civ collection box set as a present. I have never owned or played civ2: ToT however, so I decided to install it on my netbook the other day using my optical drive from a networked computer to see what its all about. I cannot play using the cd since I dont have a drive, so I just grab a no-cd patch no prob right. I need to patch the game using the official patch to use the no-cd patch and thats where the problem comes in:
    When I go into the patch the wizard loads up and I click next. Then an error message pops up saying "you must have test of time installed in order to install this update" and the program closes. I have tried getting the patch from different places, re-installing the game, changing directory to different locations, etc, and cannot find a solution. I was hoping somebody on this board could give me some advice or a slution to this maddening problem. Here are a couple other things I should mention:
    -I use Win XP 32-bit home w/sp3
    -The game loads up fine but dosent let me get past the cd-check
    -I aslo installed Civ2:MGE and patched it no problem; it works fine.
    -I am installing from the collection disk from another computer
    -I have not copied any sound files from disk two, and shouldnt need to.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks for your time guys!

A bit late now, I see, but for future reference, there's a registry fix for this.

You can find the fix and some instructions over on CivFanatics:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...8&postcount=22
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
    X