• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riesstiu IV
    replied
    Justinian the Great update

Here is a 'Justinian the Great' update I put together for MGE:

I know there is a ToT graphic update by Fairline out there but I decided to convert those graphics for the MGE version. All graphics files have been updated. I was actually able to fit the ToT units in the MGE slots with ease and without having to shrink them, though I did have to leave out the decorative helmet plums for the leaders in order to squeeze them in.

I did some slight modification to the scenario. A few units with identical names were given unique names in order to clear up confusion. Events file was changed correspondingly. I also took the initiative to rewrite awkward sentences and correct spelling mistakes in the events file. Other then that, there are no gameplay changes.

Enjoy:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hogetzqzaiy/Justinian.zip

Leave a comment:

• Riesstiu IV
    replied
    Thanks McMonkey!

Leave a comment:

• McMonkey
    replied
    Good scenario mod and also some very good unit mods. I really like the Naptha thrower! I tried to do a similar mod for this scenario a while ago but stalled due to a lack of suitable units. I have uploaded your modified files to the DAROE page at the SL Site: Death and Resurrection of an Empire mod
    Last edited by McMonkey; September 24, 2009, 15:04.

Leave a comment:

• Riesstiu IV
    replied
    DAROAE update/modification

Here is an update/modification of DAROAE.

I managed to replace nearly all the graphics with appropriate creations by Gareth and Timoleon. I was a little uncreative with the multiple crossbow units in the scenario, I simply changed clothing color and helmets. And I wasn't able to find a replacement for he Byzantine hand-gunner unit (bottom-left), so I ended up making it a Naptha thrower type auxiliary.

I also updated the other graphics files (cities, icons, etc). The various civs now have heraldic flags that also correspond with the unit shields.

Almost all the changes are purely aesthetic. I cleaned up the various text of spelling errors and I also changed a few names of units and advancements to be more descriptive. So it's not too drastic for the purists. I edited the events to correspond with the unit name changes.

Gameplay wise, nothing is changed except for one thing, I placed the submarine flag on the last warship of the naval tech tree. I figured this may have been an oversight since every other galley ship in the game has that flag.

Oh, and I also added some unit sounds that mostly originate from Exile's scenarios. I was never able to find the original sound files for this scenario, if they even existed.

Download link:
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• barthi
    replied
    Blood and Steel Version 2

Downlaod

Leave a comment:

• GhostOfDisco
    replied
    Well yes, part 1 downloads just fine. I can't seem to download part 2, though...

Leave a comment:

• barthi
    replied
    I download it and it goes, maybe shalt you download a new version from winrar

klick to part1 and unpack "blood & steel v2"
    Last edited by barthi; August 3, 2009, 02:56.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lion
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostOfDisco View Post
    The second file is corrupted...
    Only the title gif. I could open the units.gif without problems.

Leave a comment:

• GhostOfDisco
    replied
    The second file is corrupted...

Leave a comment:

• Arthedain
    replied
    Thank you so much, barthi!

Leave a comment:

• barthi
    replied
    ??????? is too long ago

Download by me
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Arthedain
    replied
    Where can one find Blood & Steel V2?

Leave a comment:

• barthi
    replied
    I search the largest Map out there (MGE)

Blood & Steel V2 = 360 to 182

I've removed all, everything is now Ocean

I search for a size of 240 to 240 ; 360 to 360

Leave a comment:

• gapetit
    replied
    That well, there is very much movement in the forum with excellent new units (very good work Hans99), other graphs and scenarios.
    Saludos,
    Petit

Leave a comment:

• McMonkey
    replied
    Ghost, when I try to unzip the Exodus folder I get a message saying there is already a folder with the same name. If I skip this I get asked if I want to copy it without encryption. I try this and I do get a folder with the files but there is also a folder called "_MACOSX" with a load of other files called things like "._Units.bmp". This is all very unusual!

I tried extracting the files using 7-Zip (which I use to unzip .rar files) instead of the usual "Extract All..." option I use for normal zipped files and it seems to work OK though there is the same "_MACOSX" folder.

I'm a bit confused really. I had the same issues when I downloaded the files from a few posts above too.

Aside from this, the graphics look excellent and I will have a go at the scenario tonight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X