No announcement yet.

Civ II on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the first picture. If anyone think I should've choosen another one, please feel free to express your disagreement
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Looking good guys
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I am in .
        AKA Tanelorn.
        Big, big smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
          I don't know if our moderators (Curt & Eivind) are on Facebook. I say that if no one chimes in then one should be set up. I believe administrators can be changed if need be.
          I didn't know that I was a moderator! Let the reign of terror begin!

Seriously, it's the old Sweden-Norway confusion I think, you must have ment Arthedain

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
          Excellent stuff! I would be worried about who might track me down on Facebook. I wouldn't want any previously unknown offspring looking me up
          Last edited by Eivind IV; May 16, 2009, 14:34.
          Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

Amazing work, guys!

I have bookmarked it, and plan to join at the earliest chance...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Proposed Description for FaceBook Page (currently empty)

Civilization II (Civ2) is the iconic empire-building turn-based strategy game developed by Sid Meier. The basic game starts in the stone ages and ends with the space race to Mars. The game allows a maximum of 7 different tribes which one would have to build into a world dominating empire by making military, scientific, political and economic progress and by building world wonders. In 2007 Civ2 was placed as No. 3 on IGN's 100 greatest video games of all time.

The overwhelming success of Civ2 has spawned Civ3 and Civ4 but only the Civ2 platform was created with total user customization in mind. Each different customization, called a scenario, is stored on a different sub-folder with its own units, map and terrain, sounds, research tree, wonders and ‘cosmic’ rules. There is also a built-in event language which allows scenario-authors to script events, issue messages and control AI behavior. Unlike other games which once modified stayed modified, each Civ2 owner can have at his disposal hundreds of completely different versions of the game. Because of this rich customization feature, thousands of scenarios dealing with topics as varied as the Roman Empire, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, the Crusades, World War II, gangster wars, the Odyssey etc. have been released over the years and in fact continue to be released today.

The Scenario League has been at the forefront of the scenario creation movement for both the Multi-player Gold and Test of Time versions of Civ2 and serves as a discussion forum for scenario making community. At its website, it makes available resources such as topical guides and graphics. The Scenario League website also hosts the results of design contests held in the past as well as hundreds of quality scenarios which can be freely downloaded.
                Last edited by kobayashi; May 29, 2009, 22:26.
                This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

BTW,

a few new people joined but didn't notice the "post your Scenario League handle so we know who you are" thread.

plus

is it possible to post photos...as in some representative screen shots of our scenarios on the face book page? I notice the other Civ2 sites have this.
                  Last edited by kobayashi; May 29, 2009, 03:09.
                  This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Good description. I think it is worth mentioning Brian Reynolds as he is the man behind Civ2 rather than Sid Meier. I believe Sid was behind the original Civilization game but had no part in developing Civ2.
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
                      Good description. I think it is worth mentioning Brian Reynolds as he is the man behind Civ2 rather than Sid Meier. I believe Sid was behind the original Civilization game but had no part in developing Civ2.
                      A valid point. I only mentioned Sid Meier because the game manual says "Sid Meier's Civilization II" on its cover. It true about Brian Reynolds but too many names will be counter productive as the Civ2 part is only meant as an intro to the scenario portion. I don't have a strong opinion, but maybe we can just replace

developed by Sid Meier

with

originally released in 1996 (by Micropose?)
                      Last edited by kobayashi; May 29, 2009, 22:41.

Comment

How about:
                        "Civilization II (Civ2) is the iconic empire-building turn-based strategy game developed by Microprose in 1996."

This would be accurate without going into detail about the creators. I don't think it is fair to credit Sid with Brian's work, but then again without Sid there would be no Civilization.

Alternatively:
                        "Civilization II (Civ2) is the iconic empire-building turn-based strategy game developed by Brian Reynolds in 1996 and based on the original Civilization by Sid Meier."

I guess it does not matter that much really but after his friendly response to the source code e-mail I am keen to credit Brian wherever possible.
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Just got home from Prague and I'm still tired. But I will look into it tomorrow. Anyone wanna be a mod for the facebook group?
                          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by Arthedain View Post
                            Just got home from Prague and I'm still tired. But I will look into it tomorrow. Anyone wanna be a mod for the facebook group?
                            hmmm..i don't mind

Comment

kobayashi's our man!
                              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi View Post
                                Proposed Description for FaceBook Page (currently empty)
                                ...and ends with the space race to Mars. ...
                                I thought it was to Alpha Centauri?

(yes, I play nearly only scenarios...)
                                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Working...
                                X