Graphic formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic formats

I am attempting to compile the vast multitude of units on my hard-drive ready to post on the Scenario League Wiki. I need to know the best format to compile MGE units in (IE Bitmap, PNG or GIF).

I did start to compile them once before as GIFs but I noticed I was losing colour info. For example the black shades of horses just became solid blocks of black.

If anyone could advise me on the best way to go about compiling MGE units I would appreciate it. Also should ToT units be saved as 256 colour or 24-Bit Bitmaps?
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

GIF... You can't possibly be losing colour info unless you're doing conversions badly. All MGE graphics are 256 colour. It uses 256 colour GIFs and bitmaps, both using the same fixed Civ2 colour palette. Just make sure you save them all with that Civ2 palette and don't do any "web optimising" (and perhaps in GIF87a format too, so they're directly compatible with MGE).

ToT images are 24-bit bitmaps.
    (Unless you're talking about compilations for the web, then you should use 24-bit PNG, like Catfish mentioned earlier).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
    X