ToT scenario available for look-see / play-test - "Multiverse"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT scenario available for look-see / play-test - "Multiverse"

I am currently playing around with another scenario for Test-of-Time, "Multiverse"

I wanted extra variations from the standard set of early units in the game.

And, since this is ToT, I wanted to maximise the number of animated sprites used.

It has a number of extra "Ancient" units pre-Gunpowder, (as far as possible
    these will have "in-context" recycled, animated sprites, mainly from the fantasy game)
    including :
    - Ambassador (early diplomat with more correct image for its time)
    - Swordsmen
    - Mounted Legion (Comitatensis)
    - Longbowmen
    - Battering Ram
    - Siege Tower
    - Longboat

as well as a subset range of Modern Units from my Unit-Mania modpacks (including submarines which can "dive" to the deep ocean provided that they are not over the continental shelf)

as well as 2 alternate worlds (the discovery of Interdimensional portals allows the player to transit to these other realms - each world is similar
    geographically but not identical.)

On one of the alternate worlds no internal combustion machines work,

On another, the environment is inmical to animal life.

The game will be much harder to win at, than in normal Civ2
    - Some terrain is Impassable to most units.
    - Stealth Aircraft are truly stealthy,
    - City walls are less effective protection than before
    (the new "Battering-Ram" unit and Cannons etc. can now breach City Walls.)
    - Some units are no longer bribable and,
    - Railways are delayed until much later in the game.

The only way to win is to destroy all the other civs.

It's almost finished, but probably requires a bit of parameter tweaking yet.

Note that becuase of the sprites it is fairly large.

Does anyone want to play-test ?

If so, post here.

Sure, I'll give it a look. I'll have to reconnect my sprite files, but that's not a big deal.
    [This message has been edited by techumseh (edited October 19, 2000).]
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'd love to!

my email address is:

khanmaned@hotmail.com

Or is it download-from-a-website?

It's good to see a ToT Scenario-there are not many yet.

-KhanMan
      Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
      -KhanMan

Comment

fyi - I haven't forgotten to send the scenario to you, but rather I am having problems with my e-mail in that my ISP is rejecting outgoing e-mails with attachments.

I may have to instead find somewhere to upload the zipped files to so that you can download them, (5 parts , total of about 4 Mb) - I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Are you still having trouble, K?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Nope, just tried again - still having trouble sending the attachments to the mail as follows.

----

To: kestrel18
            Subject: Not Delivered: Multiverse Scenario - Part 1 of 5

An error occurred sending a message to:
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Relay host reported error:
            501 unacceptable characters in local-part

----

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might upload the various zipped files (via ftp) to some "free" web site so that others could pick them up ?

I believe that some Web sites offer free web space in exchange for the presence of banner advertising, but I am not sure which is good / best.

Total size of all files approx 5 Mb (too large for what remains of my free space on my ISP)

I'd mail it to Apolyton, but for the fact that I can't mail it...

Comment

Kestrel,

I successfully recieved at least one attempt of your part one emailing (with the attachments). It included the scenario and txt. files (rules.txt, readme.txt, etc...)

If you want, I can try uploading that zip to my account in geocities, so that people could get it from there.

Email me or reply here-either way I'd be glad to help if I can.

Oh, and good work on the scenario! What I've played so far is interesting, to say the least

-KhanMan
              khanmaned@hotmail.com
              -KhanMan

Comment

Thanks.

The mailing problem may therefore be size related, I sent all of them off to you over the weekend, but all but the "text" one (Part 1 of 5) was rejected.

I'll split the zips yet further into smaller chunks and again attempt to send the others tonight (my time).

Probably best to wait until you have all the parts until uploading for others. But once you do I am very happy for you to do so.

Comment

O.K. I have e-mailed the various smaller chunks to you via a different mail account - this seems to have allowed it to 'transmit'.

Hopefully you will have now received them (if your e-mail account has not been filled to bursting by the attachments).

Please e-mail me if you are missing any parts or if you strike any other problems.

(And e-mail me with any comments or suggestions)

Regards,

Kestrel18@bigpond.com

Comment

Kestrel, I think I got all the files the first time. I'm assuming the second batch now filling up my inbox is the same as the first, right? And which directory do the sprite files go into? (something for the readme, perhaps)

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Whoops, apologies if I have double-mailed the zipped files to you.

The response I received from the mail-server seemed to indicate that the sprite zip files had not made it through the firewall, and so I chopped the files in two & resent them.

The sprites and the text files and the bmps etc. should go into a directory called "Multiverse" (or some such thing) which should sit 'alongside' (at the same level as) "Original", "ExtendedOriginal" SciFi", "Fantasy" "Midgard" etc.)

Create the "Mutiverse" folder and then move all the embedded files from the Scenario zipped files
                      and also from the Sprites zipped files into there.

Once again, apologies if re-sending has caused your e-mail account distress.

Comment

Kestrel-Recieved all the files safely, and I've downloaded them. I will have them availible on my website within 24 hours, and, when they are ready, I'll post the links here.

"Cursed Hotmail 2000k limit! Damn the forwards! Delete all Messages! Must...reach...2000...k!"
                        -KhanMan
                        -KhanMan

Comment

Following your lead, I've finally taken the time to figure out how to create a new web-site with room enough to post these (and other) of my scenarios and modpacks. (It trylu didn't take too long once I pointed my nose in the right direction).

To find the Multiverse Scenario zip files try the link http://kestrel18.tripod.com/Multiverse/

and let me know if you :
                          a) can get at it, and
                          b) like it, or
                          c) have any (constructive) suggestions for improvements.

Enjoy.

Comment

ARGH!!!

Having just finished editing the pages and uploading the files, I see you have it posted on your site.

Do you want me to remove it from hosting on mine?

the page is:
                            http://www.geocities.com/khanmaned/civ2/multiverse.html

I would be glad to keep it hosted there, with full credit to you, but I understand if you rather I removed it.

Thy Loyal Fan,
                            -KhanMan
                            -KhanMan

Comment

Sorry about all the confusion - this has to have been one of the most fraught releases in history, what with all that e-mail chaos and the lack of room I was experiencing on my original site.

Keep the zips also on your site if you wish and if you have enough room (who knows how long that extra space that I have aquired will last) and I will ensure that any updates that come about as a result of play-testing by others are passed on to you.

I can also put a link to your site from my site/s if you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X