Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transforming the untransformable... but how???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transforming the untransformable... but how???

Recently ,whilst playing the Sci-Fi game, I transformed some Acid Shallows into Ruins with a river, (although there was no river originally).
    Not surprisingly, I don't really understand how this could have happend. Rules.txt clearly points out that this should be impossible.

The 3rd "no" in the line below makes clear that transforming the Acid Shallows isn't possible, but does anyone know what the "yes" stands for?

Acid Shallows, 6,1, 0,1,1, no, 0, 0, 0, no, 0, 0, 0, no, yes, ; Jun
    (Taken from rules.txt in the Sci-Fi game)

Incidently my data (trade income) almost doubled for approx. 2 turns. Also when I opened the orders menu it listed the usual options of mining, irrigation and transformation, strangely enough all of these would transform it (the ruins) into Salt Flats.
    Again the next line tells me that this is really weird.
    Foothills, 2,3, 1,1,0, yes, 1,10, 5, yes, 2,10, 1, Pln, no, ; Hil

So, does anyone have an suitable explanation for this?

[This message has been edited by Spirit (edited July 15, 2000).]

The 'yes' refers to impassable terrain;

The Environeer unit is one of the few units that can pass over impassable terrain (see the @Units_Advanced area in rules.txt).

I too can't see off-hand how you've been able to make the terrain alteration - have you used the Test of Time patch 1.1?

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited July 16, 2000).]

Comment

Yes, I did install the Patch.

Maybe its some sort of bug???
      Thnx anyway.
      [This message has been edited by Spirit (edited July 16, 2000).]

Comment

Well, once I had 2 Environeers try to terraform Willies for 100 turns before I realised that it wasn't doing anything (what was I thinking of?) Maybe this works on only some versions of TOT, or certain copies. But still, one should be able to, to make moving units and finding transport sites easier.
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

In a later version, RailRoads should be able to be upgraded to tunnels which would make it passable
          Test of Time
          Buy it now!

Comment

I don't have the faintest idea, what you're talking about civmaniak. Railroads in the Lalande scenario are called slideways and tunnels are the railroad equivalent in the midgard and fantasy games.
            So whats your point?

Comment

No, I am not refering to tunnels from the fantasy game. In a future relese there should be a way to make impassable terrain passable. I said tunnles because then you could go under the impassable terrain.

NOTE: this is not something you can currently do without messing with the events.txt file. You still might not be able to do it even then.
              Test of Time
              Buy it now!

Comment

Working...
              X