No announcement yet.

Civ II: Tot Map format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not too well versed in copyright & trademark law, so I can't comment intelligently on matters like these (at least not without getting myself in hot water with the legal department ).

My personal feeling (for what that's worth) is that any "add-on" that someone created for non-commercial distribution (i.e. not selling it) is least likely to upset Hasbro so long as it doesn't contain parts of any of our products. So, for example, distributing a utility that converted the Civ2 Map Editor into a form that would work with ToT might be okay, while distributing an already converted version would not.

Comment

I know everything about maps in the .MP format. I know a whole lot about maps in savegames. I don't know all that much about the map format in scenarios, but its representation will probably look a lot like maps in savegames.

I can program, in C that is, and I'm sort of learning to work with Visual Basic. I don't think I can be of much help here.

Contact me when there's anything you need to know. I'll also look into the different map formats more and write some 'guides' about it.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

1. Mr.Keenan, Can I dowload your scenario maker for access somewhere? It sounds cool
        2.Where can I download the Mapeditor? If I can't,can somebody e-mail it to me?
        bfn3bga@erols.com
        Test of Time
        Buy it now!

Comment

Working...
        X