Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ToT and linked maps, is it possible to......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT and linked maps, is it possible to......

I am trying to make a game/scenario in TOT where the earth is split into 4 seperate maps. I relised though, that simply walking off the edge of one map and appearing in the next one does not work. So what I am asking is, Is it possible to create this type of world? And if so, how is it possible? I want to have it so normal units, like tanks and marines can just travel from map to map. Basically I want just one gigantic map. Is this possible?
    I didn't know it was a Penis when I bought it.

The question has been considered in great detail by some of the best minds to be found on Apolyton. I hope that one or more of them posts in response to your question so that you will get a more indepth explaination then I can offer you. My interperation of their feelings on the topic is that it is possible to do, but doing so is so cumbersome as to make it not worth doing.

For an atlernative to four maps that fit together I suggest you read the SLeague tip on Map Transport Relationships. You can find this tip and many more in the SLeague Design Tips Section.

quote:

Basically I want just one gigantic map. Is this possible?

If what you want is one gigantic map then why don't you just make one gigantic map?

Comment

Yes it is possible. The problem comes in defining the map transport relionships thought. Since a unit moves from map to map
      on the same coordinate it may well move from say the middle of russia to some where in england. The way around it is by just using starports to trans port units from map to map

and maybe giving ships native teleport ability sounds like an awful lot of work though.

Comment

No, I've already given all regular units that ability. But what is the difference between starports and the other ones? Once I realized that units come onto the new maps in the corresponding space, it ruined the project for me.

Comment

starports act like airports do, except they can transport units to any other city on any other other map that also has a starport

Comment

If you rename the Starports "Intercontinental Airports" you may be on to an easy (albeit limited) solution.

Comment

Well, that would be good for a Diplo game though. I guess this won't work. Didn't the ToT programmers think that maybe someone might want to do this with their "Awesome" linked map idea. God, they are so stupid sometimes.

Comment

It Can work. but it would take careful planning. I would suggest making your maps first and see what you come up with. I would be happy to help on this project.

Comment

I would be happy to make you happy and let you help. Want to make a map?

Comment

Im a lousy artist. I cant even draw stick figures and make them look right.

Comment

Working...
                    X