CivConverter V1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angelo

Can you please post your program on apolyton, or somwhere else. I cant get it from that strange click place...

Comment

This is the best converter I've seen made to date, you have saved TOT from becoming forgoten like Cctp!

Comment

Angelo, I'd just like to thank you for your work on this program and encourage you to keep going until it's perfected. Something like this can mean the difference between a game that becomes part of the evolution of Civ and one that gets put on the shelf. I just wish that Microprose saw it that way too.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Can ANYONE please send it to me via email or point me to a site other then that click?

Comment

Does it convert MGE files? If not then is it possible to make it so it would?
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Congratulations Angelo, on an excellent program! I've converted several of my FW scenarios and, with a little work, they come out fine.

Some adjustments must still be made manually, although these are trivial given the huge labour saving value of the program. The CivConverter dosn't seem to convert sav. files. I had to remove them from the folder before I could convert successfully. 'Title' and 'people' files should not be changed to 24-bit bmp's before conversion. They should be copied directly into the appropriate ToT scenario folder. The civ colours of units and cities are not converted, this must be done manually after conversion. And sound files must be copied directly and the rules text manually modified to relate the appropriate wav. file to the corresponding unit.

All in all it's an excellent utility which will enhance the enjoyment of ToT for everyone who bought it.

Message to Microprose/Hasbro: If you had done this work prior to the release of ToT, it would have been much more successful. Keep it in mind for Civ3!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I should know this. How do you change the colour of the city for particular civs? And for the bar across the tops of units?

And why do I have to fill in my username and password everytime I post now?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It works! Thanks! Now I can play my favourite scenarios again.

Comment

Hi all and thanks for your positive comments.

IG-88:I've looked the Persian Empire scenario and it seems that the problem is a bit strange: while the scn file is from FW, the rules.txt is from CiC (No extra units defined and so on), i've successfully converted it adding by hand sections from FW to Rules.txt, probably i'll fix this one in the next version (rewriting the code) but it will take a lot of time.

VetLegion: I posted CivConverter to Apolyton a lot of time ago, maybe they are adding it to db right now (i hope so...), if you haven't still found it make me know and i'll send you the converter.

Stefu: I haven't tried CivConverter with MGE scenarios but i haven't programmed it for MGE scenarios so i don't think it will function. Certainly is possible to fix CivConverter to handle MGE scenarios but i'm still waiting the help of someone with MGE (maybe in the next versions...)

Don't expect a new version of civconverter soon (i think i'll restart to work on it early in march, sorry but university exams are knocking on my door... ).

Angelo

"If it works, it's obsolete."
                    -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Anyone looking for the latest version of the CivConverter can download here: CivConverter
                      [This message has been edited by William Keenan (edited January 05, 2000).]

Comment

William Keenan

Thanks! A great site too.

Comment

Angelo

I downloaded 2194Days scenario, and It crashes in the first turn. Also, between all the original scenario graphics, I noticed a pikemen and a caravel from ToT graphics? Did I do something wrong, or is scenario badly converted? Can it be played?

Comment

WW2Euro crashed!
                            Red Front crashed!

Anyone know a good WW2 scenario that can be played via CivConverter?

Comment

I bet it has something to do with the Victory settings.

Comment

posted on apolyton
                                http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/civ2files/file.pl?id=366

Comment

Working...
                                X