No announcement yet.

Some Dumb Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my experience, the modify reputation event doesn't work when you try to improve a civ's rep, only when you want to make it worse. The Eiffel Tower does, and the UN wonder can be used to force a civ to make peace, but not an alliance.

You can start 2 civs already in an alliance and prevent them from talking, then use the Negotiator event to allow communication at a certain point. Then if the alliance has been in existence for any length of time, it will likely end.

You can also do this in reverse, by setting the civs at war, and being unable to talk, cannot make peace until the Negotiator event is triggered. This is what I did in Frederick the Great. Both schemes can be screwed up if the AI has diplomatic units.

You might be able to manipulate the AI to form an alliance. When faced with a very powerful civ, the 2nd and 3rd strongest civs will often make an alliance.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to force an alliance between 2 previously unallied civs, short of some sort of built-in hex editor program thingy. Maybe someday.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      How much do diplomacy-related events help with #5, specifically ModifyReputation?
      None, as of yet.

...short of some sort of built-in hex editor program thingy. Maybe someday.
      *Cough*

Comment

The reason I asked Harry to e-mail me was related to the reason we've e-mailed lately, techumseh. [/desperately trying to remain as mysterious as possible]

I haven't done anything on it yet. Are you in a hurry? It'll probably be this weekend or the next.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

No hurry. Still very interested.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The second part was actually a question to Harry, but then it's the same thing really...
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
              No hurry. Still very interested.

Comment

Excellent! ... I mean, um, I'll get right on it.

Comment

Working...
                X