They're Baaaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're Baaaack!

I'm working on a scenario, I used the patch to delete animations and the original sprites. It worked fine for a while. Then I started to do some editing of the Rules Txt. I deleted the extra titles of the various civ leaders (Premier, Great Pharoah, etc.), plus renamed some units. I also made some notes after some units, using a semi-colon to block them off. When I re-started the game the animated sprites and terrain came back. Funny thing is, in the city display the new units are used, if you create units using cheat mode, you get the old, unwanted units. I thought I had this thing solved! Can anyone help?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

I found that this works: find the resource.spr and the static.spr, and rename them to 1resource.spr and 1static.spr. I haven't tried editing the rules.txt in TOT yet, but this worked when I was playing Squid's scenario so I'm thinking it's good to use.

------------------
    PEACE LOVE DOPE
    Member of UHA (United Hippies of Apolyton)
    Get in touch with your inner hippy here!
    Hippies In Possesion of Pot In Eternal Satisfaction

Comment

Squids scenario? Is that the Okeanos one? If not were can I find it? So far I have only got two (Okeanos and Escape From Sol). I'm dieing for some more scenarios.
      Thanks

Comment

tec: You turn them off using scenario options. They added 3 new options in there. If you want all the anims gone, you have to go and select all three options.

Comment

I need to be more clear. I did use the three buttons that the patch provided. I did download the patch before starting the scenario. And it did work: for a while. Then it stopped.

I don't know if editing on the rules text caused it, I don't see why it would. I've since replaced the rules text with an unedited version. It still doesn't work.

I've re-saved the scenario, rechecked that the delete animation and override SPR. file buttons are pushed. The patch has simply stopped working. This is a job for....John Possidente!!

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I'm not sure what the problem is, so I'm going to talk to the programmer who put the options in. Stay tuned...

Comment

Any progress, John?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

IG-88: It's a new one. Check http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atla...ames/Troy.html

Comment

Thankyou very much Squid. I haven't unzipped it yet, I just downloaded it. Thanks again :-)

Comment

Squid,

How can I get your Okeanos scenario? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks

------------------
                    Dr. Jones

Finagle's Law - The perversity of the universe tends toward a maximum.
                    Murphy was an optimist.

Dr. Jones

Finagle's Law - The perversity of the universe tends toward a maximum.

Comment

Update: Still not sure what's happening.

(Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I've been on a jury.)

Comment

Has anyone else had this problem? Have other portions of the patch stopped working? I can only find this problem, but I'm not sure what else the patch is supposed to do. I've just created 3 holding folders for the sprite groups, it works fine for now.

So John, did the butler do it?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Not the butler, the boyfriend. Close enough.

Comment

John, it's pushing a month since I raised this. Can you let me know if anything is happening? Thanks.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to raise a lot of enthusiasm for this. Not too many folks are reporting it, and the programmers are busy on another project already (a very cool one, I might add).

The prospects for there being a further patch are not real good right now--not enough problems to warrant it, it seems.

Comment

Working...
                              X