Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Hagibborim's AI

Hey John Possidente and others who might know,

POTENTIAL HAGIBBORIM AI SPOILER...read on at own risk!

As we goofs may have experienced, or in my case, simply read in the strat guide, the big meany monsters of the Sci-Fi game DO NOT actually pose a danger to cities but just any units therein. Are there any minor tweaks one could make to the RULES.TXT or some other text file so that they, if not take over (which admittedly could get a bit weird) but simply DESTROY the towns they overrun? If this is actually something that would require deeper coding forget it, I was just curious if this is something simple to edit/change. Knowing that little loophole of not having any units in a city and you're safe from the native guardians' attacks just annoys me for some reason. I'd love to think they have the standard barbarian AI BUT destroy settlements as opposed to taking them over.

We tried that (destroying but never ocupying cities), but there were some complexities in the code that made it unwise. If you want the Ha'gibborim to act like normal Barbarians, you can change their names and move them into different unit slots. That should remove them from their specific AI--which, however, will result in other problems, like their not being as aggressive, not moving from planet to planet as often, and sometimes disappearing entirely. On the other hand, if they take over a city and you manage to get it back, you might be able to build Ha'gibborim units after that (based on an old, old bug).

Comment

Oh well, no biggy. Thanks for the prompt answer.

Comment

Working...
      X