Hex editor needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex editor needed

Would somebody help me out and hex edit this .hot save game. It is from Bonaparte III. Somehow I managed to build and delete the Canal Network wonder (Hoover Dam) while building the scenario. Now it cannot be built again.

Thanks in advance you wonderful hex wizards
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Oh, and the save would help:
    Attached Files
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Sure, I know that all of us hexediting wizards are wonderful but even we cannot fix a file that we cannot download.

EDIT: X post. Good morning to you.
      Will fix immediately.
      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Houston, we have a problem!

The save shows the 23rd Wonder (Hoover Dam) as not yet built, rather than destroyed.

As a check on the file, the Colossus is shown as being in London. Is that correct?

Comment

Thats correct. I tested the game myself in cheat mode and found that I could build the Canal Network wonder when I got the relevent tech but Historical Atze and Cobra could not. EDIT Tested again and I could NOT build it either!

I can't work out what the problem is!?!

I will post the rules file too to see if the problem is there!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by McMonkey; February 16, 2008, 11:15.
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

And the ones Cobra is playing from. I'm 99.9% sure they are identical!
            Attached Files
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Did you set wonders to count as objectives? Wonders can't be built when that's the case.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

To be honest I can't remember but I wouldn't have thought so as I used John Ellis's scoring system with points for cities and therefore had no need to set wonders as objectives.

I suppose it would explain the problem though. Is there any way to hex edit that out of the save if that is the problem?
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Why would you want to hex-edit that when you can just edit it in Civ2?
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

We are in the middle of a PBEM game. I tried to check this out in .sav mode but I cannot access the Victory Conditions to check if this is the problem or to change it.

I tried to find the original save game that I used and I have the same problem there too!
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Yes, you have "count wonders as objectives" toggled 'ON'. No prob to fix. Just change .hot suffix to .sav, open and change the toggle. Load .sav as a multiplayer hotseat game (let civ2 load any type of .sav file) and save as .hot file.

I've done that to the zipped attached file and removed the cheat flags.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Impressive.

Now If I could just get Aggie to hex the Italian scen file . . . things would be peachy.
                        Lost in America.
                        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Not so impressive

@Exile
                          Oh man, am I ever sorry about that one.

I know we posted about it and I pm'd you my e-mail address 071221. I know that this sounds stupid, but I have no record of receiving a file or files from you. I can recall wondering about it at the time but figured that you were busy with Christmas.

Please send it to me or attach it to a post and I'll get on it toot suit.

Comment

Come to think of it . . . .

All you really need to do is download the thing. It's available. You don't really need me to send anything. Just peek at the hexthing that indicates whether the No-pirate flag/mobile warfare toggle has been triggered.

If it HAS, then please untoggle it and send me the result. I'll then reexamine the thing and hopefully make the piracy element more functional.

I'll pm you my email addy.
                            Lost in America.
                            "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                            "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                            "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Re: Come to think of it . . . .

Originally posted by Exile
                              All you really need to do is download the thing.
                              You sure don't make things easy.

The 'thing' is something that you also refer to as 'the Italian scen' when it's proper name is The Italian Wars and it can be found on the SL wiki. I had to search your threads for the last year to sort that out.

Originally posted by Exile
                              Just peek at the hexthing that indicates whether the No-pirate flag/mobile warfare toggle has been triggered.
                              I don't know for certain what you mean by the 'No-pirate flag/mobile warfare toggle'. It is not a term that I'm familiar with and it is not found in either Mercator's or Catfish's hexedit compendiums.

I'm supposing that you mean the level of barb activity, which can range from Villages Only [0] to Raging Hordes [3].

The parameter has a value of 0 in the Italy.scen file. I'm guessing that is what you want. Let me know if you want one of the other values and I'll be happy to do the minor fix.

Originally posted by Exile I'll pm you my email addy.
                              Thanks, I got it. I assume you got mine when I pm'd it to you in December.

Comment

Working...
                              X