X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it a lot
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Very, very nice. Combat animation, even if it's just explosions, is the thing I miss most in ToT.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Lion
        Boco, techumseh and yaroslav,
        thank you all for your encouraging replies.
        I occasionally go all out...Nice piece of junk you got there.

Originally posted by Blue Lion
        This post focuses on one of the - in my eyes - most important themes, the partly animation of existing standard Civ 2 ToT non animated one-bitmap-unit-images.

Here is a kind of combat animation for a normally not animated T-34 tank of the reworked Red Front scenario.

What do you think about such a kind of animation?
        Go for it! This makes a big impact for a relatively smaller effort.
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Here is the fully useable bowman sprite that replaces the in my eyes ugliest unit animation of the Civ2 ToT Original game, the archer. It is a transferred and massivly reworked unit from vanilla Civ 3.

Standard-zoom view on the static sprite:

Maximum-zoom view on the static sprite:

Here are the single animations:

a) The Bowman-run animation:

b) The Bowman-attack animation:

c) The Bowman-death animation:

d) The Bowman-fidget animation:

And here is a zip-file attached that replaces the Unit 04-Sprite and the static sprite for the Bowman-unit in the Civ2 TOT Original game. For those who want to try this unit themselves, please first make a backup copy of your static-sprite and the unit04-sprite and then simply unzip the zip-file in the folder with the Civ2 ToT Original game. The static sprite also supports the Legion and the Ironclad sprite.

Last edited by Blue Lion; January 12, 2008, 18:59.

Comment

great
            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

That's brilliant!
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Great work. What's next?

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words.

Jerec, here is the next unit:

It is the fully useable Infantry sprite that replaces the Alpine Troops unit animation of the Civ2 ToT Original game. It is the massively reworked British Rifleman unit from Civ 3 PTW Extras. So I had some problems with some of the death animations, I think this unit was really worth the working time.

Standard-zoom view on the static and fidget sprite:

Maximum-zoom view on the static and fidget sprite:

a) The Infantry-run animation:

b) The Infantry-attack animation:

c) The Infantry-death animation:

d) The Infantry -fidget animation:

And here is a zip-file that replaces the Unit 10-Sprite and the static sprite of the Alpine Troops-unit in the Civ2 TOT Original game. For those who want to try this unit themselves, please first make a backup copy of your static-sprite and the unit10-sprite and then simply unzip the zip-file in the folder with the Civ2 ToT Original game. The static sprite also supports the Legion, the Ironclad and the Bowman sprite:

Comment

You're on a roll. How are those explosion animations going? I just had to ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerec
                      How are those explosion animations going? I just had to ask...
                      These animations are not forgotten.

But here I show you all something nice :

Comment

nice indeed
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

oooo...a mounted samurai!

Comment

Yes, it is a mounted samurai and here is the unit. It replaces the knight unit animation of the Civ2 ToT Original game. It is the heavily reworked mounted samurai (Nakamaro Horseman) from Civ 3 PTW Extras\Medieval Japan. In my eyes this is my best unit conversion until now. It is fun to watch the horse galloping on a road, especially in the east-west (or reverse) direction. I think, with this unit it is demonstrated, that with CivSprite even working mounted units are possible for Civ2 ToT.

a) The Samurai-run animation:

b) The Samurai-attack animation:

c) The Samurai-death animation:

d) The Samurai-fidget animation:

And here is a zip-file attached that replaces the Unit 19-Sprite and the static sprite for the Samurai-unit in the Civ2 TOT Original game. For those who want to try this unit themselves, please first make a backup copy of your static-sprite and the unit19-sprite and then simply unzip the zip-file in the folder with the Civ2 ToT Original game. The static sprite also supports all other Civ 2 ToT unit sprites, that I have presented in this thread.

Last edited by Blue Lion; January 19, 2008, 15:39.

Comment

Here is another new Civ 2 ToT unit on the horizon:

Edited: Update

Edited again: The Sherman will still need some more time. Now the Churchill tank was finished first.
                              Last edited by Blue Lion; February 13, 2008, 12:38.

Comment

Here is the British Churchill tank. It replaces the tank unit animation of the Civ2 ToT Original game. It is a heavily reworked unit from Civ 3 PTW Extras.

a) The Churchill-run animation:

b) The Churchill-attack animation:

c) The Churchill-death animation:

d) The Churchill-fidget animation:

And here is a zip-file attached that replaces the Unit 22-Sprite and the static sprite for the tank-unit in the Civ2 TOT Original game. For those who want to try this unit themselves, please first make a backup copy of your static-sprite and the unit 22-sprite and then simply unzip the zip-file in the folder with the Civ2 ToT Original game. The static sprite also supports all other Civ 2 ToT unit sprites, that I have presented in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X