No announcement yet.

Aeterna Civitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then players may build loads of them and use them as scouts/spearhead troops which was not their role. The standard would have been kept out of harms way as losing it was considered a great dishonour.

Anyway, the ignore ZOC flag has been assigned to the light troops to make them worthwhile to build. They go ahead to prepare the way for the heavier troops to get into position!

Any other ideas?
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Originally posted by McMonkey
      Anyway, the ignore ZOC flag has been assigned to the light troops to make them worthwhile to build. They go ahead to prepare the way for the heavier troops to get into position!

Any other ideas?
      Since the scout idea is out...the only other possible role that comes to mind is a cheap police unit to quell unrest.

Comment

• You can make a pure recce unit which can only do recce and investigate cities but is useless for fighting.
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

• @Jerec
          I think I will leave the Standard Bearer as it is. Some players will use it to help organize their Legions and for aesthetic/prestige purposes other players will ignore it! If I really need to add another unit later on I could always use this slot, good to have a reserve!

@Agricola
          The envoy unit has a double function. Spying on cities and bribing/recruiting barbarian mercenary units. The envoy cannot steal tech or incite revolts (text altered in GAME file).

At the moment I am still hooked on Rome: Total Realism. Getting lots of new ideas. In my current game I am playing as the Macedonians and I have sent off a young general deep into Seleucid territory. He is recruiting local Galatian/Cyrtian and other local tribesmen as he goes and is causing them a lot of problems. Hopefully this can be represented in Aeterna by sending off an army into enemy territory with a few envoys who can recruit local barbarians as they go.

This is reminiscent of Hannibal's march from Spain over the alps and into Italy. Along the way he recruited Gauls, Samnites and other Italian troops and stayed in southern Italy for years.
          Last edited by McMonkey; January 16, 2008, 21:16.
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Strange events

I have deleted the text from the event thats triggered when a village is destroyed but it is still showing up in my saved game. When I save as a scenario and open it that way the text does not appear but the save file does not want to forget it.

Is there a way of making the save file reset? Can I run it through Delevent somehow using a batch file??

Also, when I change units stats they show up in the civlopedia but I wonder if the save games memory actually updates or not! (EDIT: I tested this and it does change!)
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• I tried making a simple batch file to load up a new events file and Delevent but nothing happens. I have restarted the game and it still remembers the old text from the old event file?

Wagwan?
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• McMonkey, can you please send me the files or post them there? I will gladly look into what is happening
                Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• Sure. Thanks!

Can you PM me your e-mail address and I will send them over. Which files do you need? I can send the whole lot (- sounds).

This is not stopping me from finishing the game but it is very puzzling!
                  SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                  SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• PM with email address sent. I will appreciate all files less sounds

Comment

• Thanks Yaroslav, have sent over the files.
                      I thought the game read from the event folder but it seems that it stores the info in the save! Maybe this is normal and I had not noticed before!
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Yes, I have cleaned them in the save as I told you in the email

Comment

• Thanks Javier. Did not see your e-mail before I posted.

How did you clean the save?

I made a batch file to replace the events file after it had been run through delevent but it made no difference, would be interested to know what you did!
                          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• The Alpha test version should be ready soon for the multiplayer version. After some testing today with a friend I found the units attack was too weak. I have increased the attack and firepower of all units by two and the results are what I was hoping for. A Spearmen in a city can be defeated by 2-3 attacking spearmen. Siege units have better odds. Obviously veteran units will defend harder so they will be very valuable in a game with no barracks!

I want to make units powerful offensively to encourage aggressive play.

"If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck"
                            Athenogoras of Syracuse

I don't want players to sit behind city walls. I would like a game where the best form of defence is attack!

While testing the new stats I found an interesting bug. After wiping out the defenders of barbarian Brentesion a Macedonian General appears in the city and to capture the place I would have to violate my peace treaty with the Macedonians.

This unit was definitely not in the city before I began my attack and there is no event to create him there!
                            I tried it a couple of times and it keeps happening. I have not seen this happen in any other cities. This is one bug that I like, but it would be interesting to find out how it happens!

If anyone has any ideas on what might be happening then let me know. I can send the files if anyone wants to test it.

EDIT: Just tested again and found that the Macedonian General appears in the city while there are still 2 or 3 badly damaged barbarian spearmen still alive in the city!

Very strange!
                            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Originally posted by McMonkey
                              Thanks Javier. Did not see your e-mail before I posted.

How did you clean the save?

I made a batch file to replace the events file after it had been run through delevent but it made no difference, would be interested to know what you did!
                              I used the "delevent test.sav" command in a DOS window. What is the instruction that you do in the .bat file?

Comment

• Sounds like the unit was already there.

A unit of another civ can be placed in a civ's city. The owning player can't do anything with it, and it doesn't interfere with any of the functions of the city or enemy units/movement while it's there.

Jesus Munoz' Carolus scenario has several units like this placed in cities purposefully.

Go into the scen in cheat mode, reveal the entire map, and then look at the city where the unexpected unit/s appear. If you don't want them there, eliminate all units at cursor and put new units in the city/s.
                                Lost in America.
                                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
                                X