No announcement yet.

Apolytoners' Hall of Fame: June 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... EoN, that's true, but I also have issues with the viewing on 3D= the technology still isn't fully there to view everything as simply and to navigate as easily as we did back in Civ II days- at least from the limited demoing I saw of Civ IV.

I have a question though, is the map editing and modding as easy as it was in Civ II? I fear it isn't. In Civ II, with Fantastic Worlds, anyone could mod and do a reasonable job.

That's one of my favorite parts about playing games- modding them- but I don't have the time to code (I can make really simple stuff in Basic... at least I could 5 years ago- haven't really had time since) and I know nothing about 3d modeling except what the Sims taught me...

I can use paint, i can use photoshop, adobe illustrator, and inkscape, but beyond that my expertise breaks down... and those mediums take time to perfect...

that's what I worry about 3D, it jsut seems a lot 'harder' to play than 2D.

Neverwinter nights is a good example of a problem. I much prefer Baldurs Gate II or Icewind Dale II- you could easily wrap your eyes around and navigate those games without a joystick. NWN plays like it should be on a console...
    ---
    Sorry you missed the election, JCP.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

This is so great that everyone is still around!

I thought eyes of night disappeared loong ago when he beat all of us at Civ
      Apolyton Empress
      "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

Woah, a blast from the past!

So, what happened after the Asheron's Call expedition?

Welcome back!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
        X