No announcement yet.

Scenario art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy of Fantastic Worlds added a "Library" subfolder to Civ2 with a bunch of extra graphics files. Most of it isn't spectacular, but there's some good stuff in there. I suppose MGE didn't keep that.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Well, this is quite annoying. I have an excellent picture showing (more or less) what kind of unit I'd like someone to create or help me find a way to create of Charlemagne's horsemen (which fit excellently as a model for what human cavalry in my scenario fight and appear like), but I have no idea how to scan it or show it.

Basic description: Helmet (does not cover the face), purpleish cloak, chain mail shirt, tannish brown shirt underneath with dark brown trousers and boots, brown horse, red horse gear. Spear held as if planning to attack with it. Probably sword at the side (the picture doesn't show one, however).

As stated earlier in the thread, I can edit pictures, so color choices (Save for the horse, color editing one of those is a lot of work for me, and the benefits of getting a better graphics program aren't worth the expense, overall) aren't too big a deal, but I hope someone can help me find something that works visually otherwise.

To what I suppose can best be described as my amusement, John Ellis's unit picture for Joan of Arc (in his Hundred Years War scenario) has provided the "framework" to create what is at least to me a very appealing Elven archer and Elven swordsman unit.

Also, of course, any suggested sources to borrow from for the other unit types listed, including the human cavalry if someone has a better idea for that chain armor with spear and/or sword horseman kind of thing.

Not much progress other than the elves.

Comment

Working...
      X