Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install civ2(2.42) on 64-bit vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install civ2(2.42) on 64-bit vista?

Civ2 2.42 runs nicely on 32-bit vista. I am experimenting with 64-bit vista home premium, and seem to be unable to install civ2 from the CD. Apparently vista wants a 64-bit installer. Does anybody know how to install it?

Original Civ2 is a 16-bit application. 16-bit programs don't work on 64-bit Windows.

Civ2 MGE and ToT are 32-bit applications. They can be patched as you've already seen on CFC.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Bummer... At least I now know why. I'll go with MGE instead. It always seemed like 2.42 was so much more fun.

Comment

Heh. At least the newest Windows machines can support *some* version of Civ II. I have a new Intel iMac with OS 10.4.9, and it definitely *cannot* play *any* version of Civ II.

Fortunately, I recently moved into a larger home, so I dragged my ancient iMac out of storage and set it up in another room, purely as a Civ II-playing machine.

I'd forgotten how *loud* that old iMac sounds compared to the quietude of the new Intel iMac.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
          Heh. At least the newest Windows machines can support *some* version of Civ II. I have a new Intel iMac with OS 10.4.9, and it definitely *cannot* play *any* version of Civ II.
          Gatekeeper
          Really? Not even the OS X Native one I hacked together? I guess I need to buy an intel based system someday

Comment

Working...
          X