TOT doesn´t work. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOT doesn´t work. Please help

I´ve a problem with my TOT. It doesn´t work. My TOT doesn´t read the FW CD (which I use for playing TOT).

Since I´ve installed the patch 1.1 I become the following message:

Please help me.

I won´t install all new of my computer...
    American War of Independence
    A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

I personally can't read german, is it possible that you could translate the relevant parts?
    Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
    Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

The important part is only the section .

The following text only let you know what information will be send to the windows support (if you do it).

I will intall my TOT on an another computer. If it goes without any mistakes I definitely know that something is wrong with my computer.

Comment

I would try backing up the ToT executable and then dling and installing a no-cd patch. One is integrated into the wonderfull CPU Patch
        Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
        Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

That's the video codec DLL. You need to update your Indeo video codec... Hmmm, I *think* anyway...

Try this:
          Free & Fast Downloads for Ligos Indeo Codec 5.11: download the latest versions of Ligos Indeo Codec
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

@Mercator:
            I´ve updated my video codecs, TOT starts know but I can´t open a savegame or scenario. Also if I will save a game, I will through back to the desktop.

I´ve installed TOT on my notebook and it works without any problems.
            So it´s a problem with my computer. I hope I can find the problem because I don´t have installed the graphic programms on my notebook.

Comment

Any error messages, or does it just close unexpectedly?
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

TOT closed without any error messages when I will open a savegame or scenario. I think I´ve deleted a file while using a programm (ccleaner) which had to delete the temporary files.

Before using the programm, TOT works wunderfull.
                On my notebook I don´t have any problems, so it must be a problem with the computer. I think one or more files in windows are missing which TOT used for open a savegame.

Comment

Can you use the 'Windows restore' tool on your computer to regain the previous (pre-cleaner program) settings?

I would recommend that...!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Does it crash when you click on the load/save item before or after the usual open/save dialog box appears?

If it crashes before, it could be a problem with the comdlg32.dll file. Can you find that file on your computer? It should be in the Windows or Windows system directory. That would affect other programs too though...

Comment

I´ve used the windows system restore tool and TOT works now with the original cd.

The game immediately crashed when I clicked on savegame or scenario in the main menu. I also thought that it should be a problem in the windows dll files. TOT didn´t work after I used the ccleaner programm. The programm deletes temporary files which windows don´t use. Maybe ccleaner deleted some of the .dll files.

Luckely TOT works now. Unfortunately only with the original CD. Before I could used the FW CD. The no-cd patch don´t work, does someone know if there is one for german TOT?

Comment

Good to hear you are back in business!

I would make an expendable copy of the ToT disk, and keep the original safe.

Luckily, ToT copies/clones without any issues onto a normal 700mb CD.

I have various copies made to make sure I can play CIV forever!

Comment

Originally posted by civ2units
                          Luckely TOT works now. Unfortunately only with the original CD. Before I could used the FW CD.
                          That's weird... I thought the only CD check Civ2 did was find a Civ2 folder and executable on the CD.

The no-cd patch don´t work, does someone know if there is one for german TOT?

Which v1.1 patch did you install? The English or German version?

And where did you find the No-CD crack? I know of at least two different ones, and it *might* be the case that one is more "generic" than the other and works on more different versions.

But perhaps you're better off searching/asking at one of the German Civ2 sites.

Comment

Thanks for your help, guys.

I´ve used the windows restore and after that the windows repair cd. Now TOT works also with the FW CD.

I´m working on my AWI scenario, currently on the event files.
                            When they are ready, I will make some playtests for looking how they works. After that I will translate them into hopefully good english

I don´t know how much time I need but I hope that I can post the complete files soon...

Comment

I'm glad you got things back in business...You are too good a designer for us to lose!

Comment

Working...
                              X