Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Designer seeking compatible playtesters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is whether or not the events give tech 97 after the second British city falls. Once the tech is given, the events do work.

Prussian controlled reinforcements appear the turn after the tech is given, and every April turn thereafter. So if you could arrange the fall of the second city for a February turn, you would be able to get the reinforcements 2 turns in a row, except for Prince Ferdinand, who only appears once.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
      Not had a chance to play yet, but I have a whinge you may wish to consider.

Loading up the scenario from cold causes the default sprites to appear rather than the scenario units for me. The most effective way to prevent this is as follows:

- Do not lock unit animation off. This doesn't actually do what it says it does and just complicates fixing the problem (menu - cheat - Edit special rules - unit animation lockout - set to 0 to enable animation). Then tick animated units in the graphic options menu.

- Edit units_advanced in rules for each unit to set the first flag in G (override sprite file) to 1 to disable sprites.

Voila! No more animated units!

I'd also include a dummy terrain sprite available at Wobblefish's site otherwise you invariably end up with the oil graphic from the default terrain rather than the graphic in the oil slot in your new terrain 1 file if you disable animated terrain.

I'm looking forward to giving the scenario a spin and I'll report back before the weekend.
      I did all this, and it works fine. But the animated terrain keeps popping up. Any idea what to do about that?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

You've included the dummy terrain sprite from Catfish's site?
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Right.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
          X