Too Many Units!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Units!!

Does anyone know how many units is too many units?

I tried doing a search, but I couldn't get it to search for the right terms.

>2048
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Thank You!!

Comment

Nice seeing you around Pap!
        "Peace cannot be kept by force.
        It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Thanks!
          It is good to be back. I needed a break and there was a lot going on. It is sad to see how far the Civ2 community has fallen, but it is good to see there is still a good group around.

The end of CDG and then EVO hurt?
          There are people on a German site that are more active than here?
          CivFanatics is dead for Civ2 stuff?

Comment

Almost a yes to the last question. Don't know about the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pap1723
              It is sad to see how far the Civ2 community has fallen, but it is good to see there is still a good group around.
              Seeing as the game is more than 10 years old now I think that it's amazing that the community is still both existant and remains innovative.
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I think we have downsized somewhat, but things are still fun on this smaller scale!

As Case states, it is a wonder that a scene exists for such an old game!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree. It is great that there is still anyone active.

Comment

We even have had new members arrive...

Cool posters like Werd and Civ2Units -
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

There are many other CivII players still out there! I meet them all the time.
                      Lots of my friends play it but have never got into the internet or into scenario creation. I download the scenarios and burn them onto cds for them. My constant nagging to get on the net has not succeded in overcoming their technophobia though.
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD
                      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

The problem is that there are no new PBEM players.

Are scenario design and playing PBEMs irreconcilable or something?

Comment

What do you mean Eurisko?

Comment

Originally posted by Eurisko
                            Are scenario design and playing PBEMs irreconcilable or something?
                            Yeah, I also feel very sad about this question. Why is it so hard to melt both groups together (scen design and multiplayer) ? The ones are very focussed on optimizing the AI handling any civ well, the others are too conservative for trying out mods.

There are people on a German site that are more active than here?
                            In the PBEM section, there we have a small but reliable community. Turns are mostly done in a day or two, even in a war scen like 2194 Days Giga.

Comment

What I mean is that while there does seem to be an influx of new players into the scenario creation scene, there are almost no new players at all involved in PBEM games.

And only very few scenario designers actually play PBEMs. Only Eivind and Patine, I think.

So it seems that for some strange reason, designing scenarios and playing PBEMs seem to be mutually exclusive.

Comment

Working...
                              X