No announcement yet.

John Carter of Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read your 'little' activity in the thread "Tips"... indeed I'm glad you're back in action, whatever you do.... China included... :-p
    Indeed, we can postulate this equation:
    StefanHartel : Persia = Turno : China
    "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Originally posted by Gagliaudo

Indeed, we can postulate this equation:
      StefanHartel : Persia = Turno :
      ( China....

+ Celts+Turks

China: my first love was a chinese-italian girl. A kind hommage to my first woman.

Celts: cultural affinities between Sardinian and ancient Celtic culture.

Turks: I discovered it casually. You see, my - only one - judgment molar has a peculiar shape related to Altaic peoples. My interests for them was born due to this unknown "ancestor" of mine who came from Central Asia.

Comment

...I didn't forget neither Gok-Turk, nor Cisalpine Gaul (nor Antigonos Monophtalmos), nor Zhan-guo, nor Sard-Arag (future...)
        "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
          Sadly, I never heard of this one, but if this link is any clue (Dead Men Tell No Tales) it sounds like a real swashbuckler!
          And this picture is undoubtly an extract from the show I remember from my teen years!
          Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
          Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
          POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
          LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

yes... that foto is from the tv serie SANDOKAN ...
            and nice site that one ! yep is that one we talk of..

Map.. well.. as Turno had a chinese love... i must say i had an indonesian one not long ago.. and i was there for some holidays.. amazing places.. and thousands of islands..
            sure.. Indonesia is not Malaysia..but more or less..

if we/u use TOT... maybe we can set that some islands, when u get on it.. you can then JUMP/zoom to mini-island map set in another map-level.. so the Mompracem island, base of Sandokan, will be 1 square on the big atlas map.. but then will have a zoom level.. with the same island 5x5 square or more maybe..

for such a Sandokan/Pirate of malaysia scenario.. it can be good with mutliplayers..each player being a different pirate..and ALL against the british..obviously
            I had a boardgame like that when kids..

and.. some space must be left also for the Dayak... the wild head-cutters of Borneo..as long with some Thugs.. if Sandokan decide to go to India too..

Comment

vonBert: great

I thought for a Malaysia+ part of India (so we could put Thugs, Tremal-Naik, Kammamuri, the Sepoys mutiny, and for who read quite EVERY book of the saga... the Assam...)

btw, which boardgame are you speaking about?

Comment

boardgame ? maybe is this one on
                Ebay ?

I dont remeber very well, was 30 years ago..
                but maybe there were little plasti ships on wich player do load products.. then assaulting each others ships ..

ASSAM ? is that the part of Salgari related to the Mahdi ?
                never red that saga...
                but i remember well the "King of seas".. from Sandokan.. when they did start to use a protected steam-cruiser..

this give space for some tech-evolution...

Comment

... that boardgame worths ???
                  it looks nice but... don't you remember anymore about it?

Comment

.. worth ? mmmhh... Gagliaudo.. i really cant remember..
                    was a game for age between 6-14 i think...
                    maybe with some "modding" to the rules can be still nice..
                    but.. honestly i cant remember.. and im not sure was that one ( with a square box ? strange.. i remember it rectangular.. )

Comment

Originally posted by Von Bert
                      .. worth ? mmmhh... Gagliaudo.. i really cant remember..
                      was a game for age between 6-14 i think...
                      just good for me... if you help ...
                      Last edited by Gagliaudo; March 15, 2007, 13:00.

Comment

yep... let me finish my school homework.. then we can play til merenda time...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Von Bert
                            yep... let me finish my school homework.. then we can play til merenda time...
                            Aherm oh ye merenda companions... so what are we planning to do with this crazy idea? I'm gathering some good graphs from my archive.

For Malayan maps, why don't we ask Kobayashi since he's from Singapore?

Perhaps some graphs from Asiento may fit to this scenario....

Use your brain dammit!

BTW i purchase da ToT copy on Ebay. Unfortunately it is in German so i don't understand an "H" of it... Do not purchase on close boxes!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Turno
                              Aherm oh ye merenda companions... so what are we planning to do with this crazy idea? I'm gathering some good graphs from my archive.

For Malayan maps, why don't we ask Kobayashi since he's from Singapore?

Perhaps some graphs from Asiento may fit to this scenario....
                              oh, Turno... such a lovely Labuan vegetation...

Use your brain dammit!
                              brain ??? what's brain ? it can be eaten ?

NEVER buy close-box

Comment

yep... nice JUNGLE indeed...very nice !
                                ok.. then.. one day we begin a new post..
                                SANDOKAN & TIGERS OF MALAYSIA..
                                so.. we stop use the John Carter post..

shell we start look for the music ? it was from "oliver onions" maybe.. great sound it had !

mmmhh.. i remember a scenario VERNE .. (never really played it..) maybe we can steal something.. as for some other fictionary characters of the era.. showing up here and there..such as:
                                Nemo and his submarine...
                                The Gentleman from " The tour of the world in 80 days"..
                                then.. then..

Comment

Working...
                                X