John Carter of Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Carter of Mars

I dunno if anybody ever read (when kids ? ) the fantastic adventures/saga of John Carter of Mars.. by Edgar Rice Burroughs.. ( tarzan papa yep..tarzan ? why not too.. )
    sure maybe not a masterpiece of literature.. but he depicted a old-science-fiction-mars-planet very capturing..

this was an idea that one day.. maybe.. can lead to a scenario on the Red planet, with different races, adventures, strange space-ships, pretty heroine, aliens sword-warrior with 4 arms !

if anybody interested..
    i will PLAY it gladly...
    (that mean.. i ll not do anything more then draw some pixel here and there.. and give severe review to anybody efforts ! lazy italian.... )

6 esauritooo!!!
    "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

esaurito ? (my head burned ? )
      yep... would love to see you.. in my office.. 15 people and 20 pc... and 27 c° already at march !!!!
      sure im !

but.. this idea is lovely indeed.. Sir..
      "en guarde" !!!

Comment

It's one of my half-finished projects.
        Attached Files
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Why don't you try Salgari instead? Sandokan would be more nice...

Comment

_techumseh

WOW !
            ..Ggh..ggh...ggh....GREAT !!! p

Cant wait for it .. and play it.. one day..
            And nice to see that someone had this "idea" too..

Is long time i did red it but i remember was a huge universe of adventures and wars (ah.. the "channels"..)... similar in "depth" to that of Conan maybe..

ok.. then.. i ll do Tarzan then.. one day..

or Salgari.. with his Sandokan ... Turno??

but do our english friends around here do know who was Sandokan, the brave pirate of malaysia ? and his "tigrotti" warriors ? and his friend Yanez?
            (little tigers ? )
            Coming out from the fantasy of our italian old writer, Salgari..
            yep..can be fun.. one day.. but maybe only for those who seen maybe the tv show..mainly in italy .. i dunno
            Last edited by Von Bert; March 9, 2007, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Bert
              but do our english friends around here do know who was Sandokan, the brave pirate of malaysia ? and his "tigrotti" warriors ? and his friend Yanez?
              (little tigers ? )
              I dont know about the english speakers, but Sandokan had a tv serial translated in french!

I saw only a few of them, and a long long time ago, but I remember that I did like it!
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

I always think that in the real world, half-nekkid
                warriors would be cut down and killed pretty quick...

I guess that is why we invented armour!

PS
                Those old pulp novels are great material for scenarios...!
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Turno
                  Why don't you try Salgari instead? Sandokan would be more nice...
                  WONDERFUL IDEA (I HAD had it long long tie ago...)
                  I read quite every book of two Salgari's series 1)Sandokan and 2) 'variously coloured' Corsairs

Originally posted by Von Bert
                  or Salgari.. with his Sandokan ... Turno??

but do our english friends around here do know who was Sandokan, the brave pirate of malaysia ? and his "tigrotti" warriors ? and his friend Yanez? (little tigers ? )
                  Coming out from the fantasy of our italian old writer, Salgari..
                  yep..can be fun.. one day.. but maybe only for those who seen maybe the tv show..mainly in italy .. i dunno
                  I hope somebody not-italian saw them, too...

Nice to note Cyrion liked it
                  "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Sadly, I never heard of this one, but if this link is any clue (Dead Men Tell No Tales) it sounds like a real swashbuckler!

Go for it! Would it be a quest or something else?
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Well, as a matter of fact, i have my hands full right now. But one Sandokan scenario might be tempting...

BTW Sir John Brooke, Sandokan's arch-enemy, was a real person. He was granted from Brunei' sultan the whole of Borneo if he could get him free of pirates. The "white rajah", with the help of East India's company cepoys, did the job pretty quickly, beheading and hanging pirates a go-go, and his dinasty ruled - if not the whole of Borneo - the nowadays malayan state of Sarawak untill it was annexed to Malaysia.

Comment

Turno... if I post you your old lost Sard__na m_p, maybe you'll be able to free half hand of yours, to give it for... MOMPRACEM !!!!!!!

Comment

Manga 'li cani! Yup, and Piedmont will be the wilderness of Borneo. And Elba will be Labuan... no no no...

We'll have to recreate at least Mompracem + Labuan + Sarawak as a decent map.
                          Last edited by Turno; March 10, 2007, 14:19.

Comment

maybe I wasn't clear enough...
                            I'm proposing an exchange... not a modify sardegna->malesia... too crazy for me too

Indeed, we need Mompracem, Sarawak, and the pirla di Labuan

ps : you always keep the same old boring e-mail address?

Comment

No, I've changed, but the registering mail is my personal firm one, so i can't use it for my Civ purposes... I can recreate a bitmap and post it here. We can use my jungle's Asiento terrain for forests...

But right now i need Civ-converting my zhanguo china map so i'll be busy for the next two weeks...

And plz use "perla" and not "p*rla". I've seen too many of them today...

Comment

Working...
                              X