Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raging Hordes + 1

Hello all,

I've heard of Deity+x games, and I would like to know how to implement one (rules.txt changes?).

I'm even more interested in turning up the frequency and severity of barb attacks. Is there an easy way to pull that off?

Thanks

Open the Game.txt file and search for the @-sections that contain the difficulty level and barbarian activity level dialogs.

Then simply add new lines at the bottom of the lists of these levels. Don't add too many lines or Civ2 will crash.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

excellent. thanks.

Comment

I was under the impression that those were labels, renameable for your pleasure. Adding new lines really creates new levels of difficulty?

Comment

Yes they are labels, mostly, but adding new lines in those cases really does add new levels of difficulty. There has been plenty of discussion and testing before... Let's see... Have a look at this thread:

I assume that, after selecting the level, the index of the selected item is passed on (e.g. Chieftain=1, Warlord=2, etc.) and Civ2 uses that number in some functions that determine the difficulty/barbarian level settings.

One thing to note is that you can, obviously, only add items to the end of the list. So you can't get any difficulty levels easier than Chieftain, for example.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Mercator, your avatar is disturbing the peace. Please replace it with something mundane and friendly, like perhaps a woman wearing a penis costume. Thank you.

(Also, thanks for continuing to post in Civ2 forums.)
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Maybe she's wearing a penis costume as well.

It's good to see you're still stopping by too.

Comment

Working...
              X