Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has bought Civilization Chronicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else has bought Civilization Chronicles?

So I bought the Chronicles package and installed everything. It works fine and I had no problems installing Civ 4 Warlords on top of the Chronicles Civ 4 install.

However, I noticed something else: the Chronicles CD for Test Of Time has the unpatched version, yet they made the effort to include the Time Paradox scenario. I said no problem, I still have the 1.1 patch around here somewhere. The thing is, when I run it, it says I don't have TOT installed. Can anyone help me here? Is there any way to install the patch on the Chronicles TOT version, or should I revert to the original, non-Chronicles, CD? A number of events in all TOT scenarios are either not firing or working incorrectly. For instance, in the Midgard scenario, I get the notice about the island that the gods set up. I remember from TOT 1.1 that the island was full with carnivorous plants, but now, when I arrived there it was empty. The was that flag unit that was supposed to give me some gold and a settler, but when I took it out nothing happened.

In short, is there any way to make the 1.1 TOT patch work with Chronicles?
    The monkeys are listening.

Yes. Other people have had the same problem as well...

I posted a registry file on CivFanatics that'll fix the problem.

Read my post here:
    Oh that's bad news :( So C&C TFD is also provided unpatched (and unpatch-able), and I can look forward to in-game video glitches? So far I ran each game in the C&C TFD pack just long enough to see the intro videos and start a session, but no extensive playing yet. Anyways, I also hope you...
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thank you.

Now, on to the game...
      The monkeys are listening.

Comment

What's included in Civilization Chronicles? Sounds like it might be worth a look, I love these games.

Comment

Look here: http://www.civilization.com/chronicles/

Though that page is not entirely correct. AFAIK, it contains Civ2: MGE rather than FW and CiC.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hot stuff. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X