No announcement yet.

Who specializes in flags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gareth, we will cross that rubicon when we come to it. lol. I'm after the Italian flagset first, then we will reach the late Roman flagset.

After these simple tasks, Sars, I'll let ya have a crack at making flags for Mexican revolutionary factions.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Attached below are the flags of Florence, the Papal State, Venice, Milan and Hungary as per your request. I think they turned out relatively good, though I think the Venetian one didn't scale down as well as I'd hoped. As usual let me know if you have any questions and or comments.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about these Mexican revolutionary factions as well .
      Attached Files

Comment

Just what the doctor ordered.

Superb work.

Now then, lol. . .

I need several flags for the Roman scen. See Gareth's posts for hints on how to do them. I need; Vandal, Gothic, Saxon, Frank and Sassanian flags. For the Hun flag, just a stick with dead wolfskin or something should do the trick. The emphasis should be on a profound lack of sophistication for the Huns.
        Lost in America.

Comment

A non sophisticated wolfskin'ish standard for the Huns eh? I'll give it a shot .

Comment

Say Exile, after looking through the various flag sites abound on this great internet of ours, I realized there isn't a great deal of consensus on what the flags of the Vandals, Gothics, Saxons, Franks and Sassanians would have been.

Would it be okay if I took a degree of historical liberty in making those flags up?

Comment

For the Vandals, may I suggest:

El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Boco's ingenius suggestion aside . . . .lol

Yes feel free to take liberties with your flag degigns.

The normal Vandal unit color will be an orange-brown, the Goth unit color is blue, the Frank unit color is yellow, and the Hun unit color is purple.

These might change, but I doubt it.
                Lost in America.

Comment

Pure genius Boco!
                  Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                  Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                  POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                  LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                    Say Exile, after looking through the various flag sites abound on this great internet of ours, I realized there isn't a great deal of consensus on what the flags of the Vandals, Gothics, Saxons, Franks and Sassanians would have been.

Would it be okay if I took a degree of historical liberty in making those flags up?
                    Here's some info on a potential Sasanian flag from fotw.net:

During his movement, Kaveh used a piece of blacksmith leather as his flag. This flag is not used nowadays but is a well known flag in Iran and is a sign of nationalism. It is called Derafsh-e-Kaviani which means 'the flag of Kaveh'.
                    With respect to the mythology, this flag is red, yellow and purple and I think it is horizontally divided. This flag is not used nowadays. It has been the sacred flag of Iran during the late pre-islamic dynasties (till the 6th century).
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Alright, I should have asked this question long ago (before the RL yanked me away from the respective worlds of poly and Civ II for the better part of two weeks) but I only realized the importance of the question after sitting down to make "Sacred Pre-Islamic" flag Stefan referenced. Are these actual "modern" looking flags that fly perpendicular to a vertically raised pole or are these to be the older classic standards that are hung horizontally on a staff?

What with the period I would assume it would be an old classic standard but I just wanted to be sure either way.

Comment

Working...
                      X