The Vietnam War development thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing work Tanelorn. I am one happy bunny

I have attached a screenshot below to show how the Slick looks on screen. I think, as you say, it could do with being a tiny bit lighter. I am not sure how easy that is to do? The nose being so dark does not work well, seems to dissapear over darker terrain. I scribbled on a bit of green using paint and it shows up a bit better.

Another suggestion would be to put a bit of a gap between the Huey and its shadow. At the moment it looks like it is skimming the ground which is cool, but the skids seem to dissapear into the shadow!

Really I can't thank you enough, this is amazing work and will make the game! What would a Vietnam scenario be without the Huey?!?
    Attached Files
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• I would humbly also suggest making the helo raised a little from it's shadow.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I notice you're using an old city GFX style. Might I humbly suggest asking Curt nicely for an up-to-date Southeast Asian city set? It's your choice, but the newer terrains and units would go better with newer cities. That's just my two bits (and I'd like to see CS SE Asian cities).

Comment

• Done it. The black cowling is the anti-glare surface, most helicopters and many airplanes have that. I graded it a bit, and spit-polished the radio-antenas in front of it, to show where it ends.
          I d' like too see some Curt-built langs over the paddy fields too
          Attached Files
          "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
          -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
          "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
          "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• @Tanelorn

That is much better, thanks

Looks better at altitude and shows up better in a lighter shade. I couldn't resist attaching another screenshot to show how they look over various terrains and also to show some of the other units. The M113 needs to be realigned downwards a bit.

@Tanelorn and Patine
            CC: Curtsibling
            Re: CS cities
            I see your point, Curts cities are amazing. I know he is always very busy with requests though and as I am happy enough with the ones I have I would not wish to add to his workload unnecessarily. If however Curt would be interested in helping with this project then I would be interested in having a chat about it. Either way I'm cool
            Attached Files
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• If you were wondering the Toucan resource represents a natural source of Guiness, the Irish Bar abroad, yes even in the deepest jungles of Vietnam a tired guerilla can get a pint of Nigerian Lager!
              SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Problem

I need the help of someone more experienced with a wee problem. The main US city has net taxes of three and net production of 17. It has nine improvements. I cannot work out why on the first turn it either sells the SAM Battery or the Supermarket, which plunges its people into starvation

I know there is a simple explaination but I have never figured out why this happens to seemingly healthy cities!
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• I think you need to raise the amount of gold your civ possesses at the start.
                  El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Yup, that would do it. Doh!
                    Again its the simple things that are getting me!

Another couple for yall:
                    1. What exactly does the Toggle Total War Flag do? I know that sounds like a dumb question but I am not 100% sure!

2. Also what does Special WWII-only AI do? Sounds interesting and I normally turn it on for war games but I do not know what effect it has!

3. If I am using Democracy for the US player how can I ensure that I am able to stay at war with the Communists. Is there a simpler way then asymmetrical hex editing ?

Also I am looking for a shorter name for the Communists to use in this thread, I do not want to use VC or NVA as it will get confusing, any suggestions?
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• What about Marxist-Leninists?
                      Reds? Victor Charlie? PLAF? NLF?
                      3 is easy, I was going to say just disable negotiations between the two civs in the events file, mge style, but this is ToT so just go to @Leaders2 in the rules and flip the flag of the civ you don't want them to tak to from 0 to 1. Which means you can link it to a tech and enable diplomacy later if you wish.
                      1 &2 are related to the original WW2 scen AI that came with civ2. Kinda like UN & suffrage for all if I remember correctly.

Comment

• The new copters are looking great, guys!

When I get through my requests for techumseh, Sarsstock
                        and Uncle Dead Bird, I will do some 1960s Nam cities.

I'll be in touch in a short while when I have some time.

Comment

• @Tanelorn
                          Thanks for the advice, I had not spotted those flags yet, I'm still learning what ToT has to offer!

As for the Communists new name I think Charles would be good but Reds seems like a good abreviation with VC, NLF and NVA used when I mean that particular entity. I am already calling the South Vietnamese the ARVN for short. US is short enough and the others don't come into it too often.

@Curt
                          That sounds great mate. No rush, when you are ready let me know and we can have a brainstorm
                          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

• Took the day off, crappy German auto technology & service to blame, again.
                            Third gearbox incident in just two years!
                            Next time I am going Japanese.
                            Anyway, here's a dakota I made while waiting for the price-tag call .$#$#@!. Does it look "spooky" enough?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That is a wonderful work of art, Tanelorn!

Comment

• If our "as kind as expert " Curtsibling will do the Nam style town.. im sure that then we all cant wait to .. to....
                                to start to bomb and "burn" that village with napalm !!!
                                Opps... sorry if any vietnam people read this..
                                i saw to many vietnam-war movies i guess..

JUNGLE ? well is not mine that tile.. but im happy to see u use it.. it make the jungle more uniform/readable..
                                if i can i ll try make some variants for the other 2 jungle-tiles..

ok.. try this WERD at work i could not try it with mapeditor..
                                I tried to add some variants..
                                Last edited by Von Bert; February 26, 2007, 09:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X