Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout Scenario

Hey guys!
    Some of you might know me from that other forum.
    I'm currently working on a Civ2 Gold scenario that takes place in Fallout universe. Even for those of you who don't know it its a good RPG to check out:
    Fallout 1 and Fallout 2
    I've ran into a couple of problems that I cannot resolve by myself.
    One of them is that I'm wondering if it is possible to customize rivers (change name and the bonuses it gives)
    The other thing I dont know if it is possible to change the number of population that is displayed in your city screen. For scenario relaism I'd like to change the default numbers.
    Your help is greatly appreciated

The scenario itself is done for two purposes:
    It will be a strategic scenario with tech development, wars and terraforming that players can enjoy
    but the main aim of the scenario is to immerse the player into Falluot universe as all Fallout games have done. If there's greater interest I'd love to share ideas on this thing.

Hey Gelion!

Rivers names can be changed. If it's not in the rules.txt it's in the labels.txt. About the movement speed though, AFAIK it's the same as the road movement speed. I hope others can verify/correct my answers and hep you with the other questions too.
    Last edited by curtsibling; December 28, 2006, 06:11.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Thanks mate

I was rather worrying about the trade/food and other bonuses that rivers give. I'm at the moment debating whether I should delete the rivers from the scenario completely (well it is a desert scenario) or if I should leave them only as movement bonus.

Comment

I would use the surplus river tiles to create extra-large mountains/or special terrain!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good idea, but I am not that experienced with terrain editing... It would be great if someone could help me make those...

Comment

If you download my Bitterfrost III Beta scenario, you can see the edits of Terrain2 to create large mountains.
            Also, the Dalek Scenario has extensive use of the Terrain2 files to create large GFX features...

Check them out! It is easy to implement.
            And, if you need anything specific, let me know.

As of the new year, I am launching into a work blitz to get all my CIV2 task done.

So that will be a good time to see me about special terrain.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you for the advices and I will certainly check out that stuff....

P.S. Do you have any idea about my second question? Its about chanching the default city population in city screeen. Do you think its possible?

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's impossible. I tried to do it for Pomarj, but couldn't find a way t do it, and nobody on this forum was able to help me with it!
                Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Thanks, thus I dont think I should be breaking my head about it

I'll keep this thread up to date on my progress. If any graphics designed could help me with terrains it would be really awesome. Fallout 2 comes with an editor, so for most part it will be a question of converting existing graphics into Civ2 format.

Comment

Please, no broken heads!

As you probably know, the suffix of the population string is found in Labels.txt. It's the first "Population" line in the file. Your easiest route would involve changing this to something more in line with your scen. If that's not possible, you could literally 'white out' that section of City.bmp. [Edit]Oops, that's not possible since the font is shadowed on the city screen.[/Edit]

The number is derived from a triangular sequence (see page by Jürgen Köller).

Just add 4 zeros to the numbers in this sequence, and you have the city population.

Another way to view the progression of the sequence is using geometry:

Size— 1…2……3………4………5………6……………7…………8……………9
                    Population— × 10,000

— or by equation —

Size: Population
                        1: 1=1
                        2: 1+2=3
                        3: (1+2)+3=6
                        4: (1+2+3)+4=10
                        5: (1+2+3+4)+5=15

So, AFAIK, Civ2 uses an equation to calculate the equation, not a lookup range. To change that.... Well, how friendly are you with Skyer?

Doesn't work for zero, though; it's 10,000. IIRC, the size can only go up to 127.
                    Last edited by Boco; December 28, 2006, 22:53.
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Ouch! I thought that it is somewhat more simple. Thank you very much for this stuff, I will try to figure out how it works

Comment

Small Unit development question.

In Fallout there are essentialy two types of weaponry: conventional and "energy" I'd like to replresent that through special units avaliable to high-tech civs "laser infantry" of different sorts.
                        Trouble is while I can use the *2 defence bonus to represent Laser Armour defence bonus, there's no way to show the attacking bonus.

I think what I am trying to do is similar to psi attack in Alpha Centauri. Is there any way to represent a "different" style of attack where energy and conventional weapons deal more damage to armour of another "type".

Also could someone answer what "horse" means in "*2 defence versus horse (pikeman)"

Comment

If the attacker has hp=10 (1 in @units) and mf=2, then the piker's flag multiplies the defender's df x 1.5.

Info: Combat (GL), post 24 by SlowThinker has a summary.
                          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Thanks!
                            Does it work when movement rate is above 2?

Comment

Working...
                            X