Mafia Scenario PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia Scenario PBEM

Anyone out there interested in playing a PBEM of Eivind's Mafia scenario? It's a great scenario about the Mafia families in New York City. There are six civilizations for play (5 mafia families and the police)

Police - Myself

The police is supposed to be controlled by the AI, it says so in the readme.

Also a strike order and special rules if there are any would be nice.

And count me in, I wanted to play a PBEM of this for a long time.

I'll take the Bonannos.
    Last edited by Eurisko; December 5, 2006, 17:22.

Comment

Eivind told me the police might be better off human controlled since he is having trouble getting the AI to use the civ properly.

Comment

Hm, then the civ might need to be tweaked though.

Also, the scenario should be stackable.

Comment

1. Bonanno Family - Eurisko
          2. Colombo Family - Eivind
          3. Gambino Family - Rebel
          4. Genovese Family - Patine
          5. Lucchese Family - Nilat
          6. NYPD - EmuGod

Nah, the scenario is good as it is. All we need is players and to establish some house rules.

For instance:

1. The Mafia can not declare war on the police.

Any more?
          Last edited by Eivind IV; January 24, 2007, 09:15.
          Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I'll take the Genovese Family.

Comment

Originally posted by Eivind IV
              1. The Mafia can not declare war on the police.
              Why?

I am against such restrictions imposed by rules. The mafia should of course be able to raid police stations. They will pay a hefty price, but they should be physically allowed to.

And if the police is going to be human-controlled, the player should either be very lenient in what the mafia can do without being antagonized so as not to suffocate all fun for the mafia players.

And things such as bribing the police etc (I don't mean units, I mean literally paying the police player off to look the other way) should of course also be implemented.

Comment

Official House Rules:

1. You can only kill Made Men (the units with suits) and attack starting cities with at least one family's aproval *.
                2. Only 2 mafia civs may fight each other at a time(!).
                3. Made Men may not be bribed. As may not FBI units.
                4. Police precincts can only operate within it's borough. FBI may wander freely all around the NY area.
                5. Police stations may not be bribed nor conquered. Police aquired territory however is open for both.

Apart from this, all the ordinary house rules apply, such as no ship chains and general irrational/unrealistic game flaws.

Commission Rule:
                As in real life the mobsters can't whack Made Men unless agreed upon by at least one other family (see the Godfather I for reference). Unilateral actions is allowed, but then only against goons and low life thugs of that outfit. Naturally this may lead to retaliations which may again lead to all out war between the outfits in question.

Once support is gathered you may declare all out war and attack units/cities freely. The Commission however may force an end to such a war and decide the outcome if the parties in question is unable to settle the dispute in a civilised fassion themselves.

All five mafia civs have one seat and one vote each in the Commission. So 'supranational democracy' in the Commission. This is the case in the situation of an all out war, where mafia starting cities and made men may be targeted. But limited wars over AI cities are enouraged.

You may disregard the outcome of the Commission sit down, but then the Commission has the right to form a front against you. If you win such a war against a united Commission, you can declare yourself 'Boss of all Bosses' (Capo di tutti Capi), and the game is won.

Download scen here: http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Mafia
                Last edited by Eivind IV; February 7, 2007, 06:18.

Comment

How about this:

-You can only kill made men with at least one family's aproval (the units with suits).
                  -Police precincts can only operate within it's borough. FBI may wander freely all around the NY area though.
                  -Police stations can not be conquered, only bought. Police may conquer it back.
                  -Only police units may be bribed. Mafia may not bribe police or mafia.
                  -No selling of the Civilians improvement.

Only 2 more players needed.

Download scen here: http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Mafia
                  Hm, I don't quite understand the Made Men rule. Why would unilateral action not be permitted?

I agree about the radii/spheres of action of police stations and the FBI flexibility.

Huh? Only police units may be bribed, but mafia cannot bribe police units? I think you mean FBI specifically.

I agree with the civilian improvement thing.

Btw, you do realize that (if I am not mistaken) all police units are air units, right? Hence they cannot conquer cities.

Comment

As in real life the mobsters can't whack made men unless agreed upon by at least another family (see the godfather I for reference). It's a stablising factor that works fine here as well in adition to beeing realistic. Unilateral actions is allowed, but then only against goons and low life thugs of that outfit. If you want to attack the units in suit you need permission from another family.

Ah, forgot about the air police thing. That was an attempt to curb an über AI civ in the 1.3 update, but I think it might be interesting for human play as well. Hence they can't be bribed physically either.

An no I ment what it says - only police units can be bribed, but as you point out FBI not. This to avoid weird police mobsters. But with the air thing unit bribing won't be an issue anyway. Only mafia lawyers can bribe police lawyers then and vica verca. Also here the made men rule will apply. Civs may not bribe made men, only low level thugs from each other.

How could we represent the Commission? Don't you guys play with a UN thing in NWO? How does that work?
                    Last edited by Eivind IV; December 7, 2006, 19:47.

Comment

1) As in real life the mobsters can't whack made men unless commissioned by at least another family. It's a stablising factor that works fine here as well in adition to beeing realistic. Unilateral actions is allowed, but then only against goons and low life thugs of that outfit. If you want to attack the units in suit you need permission from another family.

2) Ah, forgot about the air police thing. That was an attempt to curb an über AI civ in the 1.3 update, but I think it might be interesting for human play as well. Hence they can't be bribed physically either.

3) An no I ment what it says - only police units can be bribed, but as you point out FBI not. This to avoid weird police mobsters. But with the air thing unit bribing won't be an issue anyway. Only mafia lawyers can bribe police lawyers then and vica verca. Also here the made men rule will apply. Civs may not bribe made men, only low level thugs from each other.

4) How could we represent the Commission? Don't you guys play with a UN thing in NWO? How does that work?
                      1) I don't know. That rule could be subject to abuse. So if one family is basically under siege from all sides, it can't defend itself against Made Men? And cities with Made Men would also be basically invincible against such a family.
                      Hmm, realism or playability?

2) As a matter of fact, I just tested it and they can be bribed.

3) Hm, if you ask me only low-level cops should be bribable.
                      Ie constables and lieutenants. Captains, SWAT teams and M-16 cops should not be bribable. Neither should the FBI be, obviously.

And I also agree with the no bribing Made Men rule.

4) What exactly would the Commission do?

Comment

What I ment was this, with a little modification:

Only 2 mafia civs may fight each other at a time(!), so no gang rapes.

And in order for one family to start a war they must gather concent from at least one family. But we could use the "Commission" then to discuss what to do with the war. If the remaining 2 civs decide the wars hould be stopped, they will probaly be supported by the defending civ, and peace must be made. So supranational democracy in the Commission. This is the case in case in an all out war, where mafia starting cities may be targets. But we should encourage limited wars over AI cities.

I agree on low level cops. But cops shouldn't be able to bribe mafia units.
                        Last edited by Eivind IV; December 8, 2006, 07:18.

Comment

So?

And any takers for Gambino and Lucchese?

New house rule:

FBI can kill any mafia units without fear of reprisal from the players - A "lisence to kill" if you may. Generally FBI units should be "untouchable", meaning they can't be attacked or bribed. But then the police civ can't use FBI units in Police units stacks.
                          Last edited by Eivind IV; December 10, 2006, 10:27.

Comment

The Gambino family for me please

-Police precincts can only operate within it's borough. FBI may wander freely all around the NY area though.
                            Agree

-Police stations can not be conquered, only bought. Police may conquer it back.
                            Don’t agree, I would say the contrary, besides I tested it and it seems that lawyers can’t do any actions on cities. Also how can the Police conquer it back if they have only air/naval units? This means also that at the end the police will only lose terrain

-No selling of the Civilians improvement.
                            Agree

-Mafia lawyers can only bribe police lawyers and other family's low level gangsters. Made men can not be bribed.
                            Agree but also low cops included and should police be able to bribe low gangsters and lawyers too? If so they could get then terrestrial units.

-Only 2 mafia civs may fight each other at a time(!), so no gang rapes.

And in order for one family to start a war they must gather consent from at least one family. But we could use the "Commission" then to discuss what to do with the war. If the remaining 2 civs decide the wars should be stopped, they will probably be supported by the defending civ, and peace must be made. So supranational democracy in the Commission. This is the case in case in an all out war, where mafia starting cities may be targets. But we should encourage limited wars over AI cities.
                            Agree

[/QUOTE]FBI can kill any mafia units without fear of reprisal from the players - A "lisence to kill" if you may. Generally FBI units should be "untouchable", meaning they can't be attacked or bribed. But then the police civ can't use FBI units in Police units stacks.[/QUOTE]

Agree

One thing more; should the mafia be able to trade with the police?

Also if you attack an AI NYC city then you can only expect a reprisal from the most nearby NYPD, right?

Comment

I don't think that there should be rules prohibiting players from military actions such as conquering cities or killing units.

Such actions should have severe ingame consequences, but they should not be against the rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X