Indifference is Bliss

Comment

ok, these are the changes made in the update:

1) 10 shields per row
      2) Reduced the number of harrier reinforcements in Argentina SP
      3) Oerlikon hit points increased to 3
      4) Barracks buidable
      5) Oerlikons added in SP England.
      6) I finally decided to delete the british fortresses in the cities of English Base and South Base. As Agricola said in his last post, there´s no good reason for the argentine player to waste units in taking those cities. Obviously, we´re talking about Argentina SP.
      7) Regarding the british vessels attacks on argentine coastal cities in Argentine SP, i decided to test this solution proposed by nestor:
      I'd experiment with lines of impassable/high defense units (a la minefields in Red Front) to limit the area in which each civ can operate...
      As a result, i created a line of impassable terrain owned by argentina.

One comment... i checked the argentine scenario, and after the AI finishes its turn, it comes the argentine turn. But i can´t move any unit. However, i press enter, and the turn 6 comes... and i have all my units active; so there are no "double shots" for england. are you sure about this agricola?? i´m not having that problem

1. Hexedit the final versions of the 3 .scn files before you post them. I'll can either PM you my e-mail so you can send them or you can attach them to a post. It is a trivial editing job.
      I decided to post the files here. thanx in advance for your help with this issue!
      Attached Files
      South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
      Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

One comment... i checked the argentine scenario, and after the AI finishes its turn, it comes the argentine turn. But i can´t move any unit. However, i press enter, and the turn 6 comes... and i have all my units active; so there are no "double shots" for england. are you sure about this agricola?? i´m not having that problem
        Embarrasingly, I don't seem to be able to duplicate it nor do I have a rational explanation.

I'm getting slight differences from your observations. After the AI finishes its turn, some Argentine units are active. One Dagger on the carrier and some of the surviving aircraft in Port Stanley seem to be quite lively. Go figure.

The attached zip contains the edited .zip files. I've unzipped and checked them but, as I seem to suffer from an inability to repeat observations , I would recommend that you double check that there are no casualties at startup.
        Attached Files
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

The attached zip contains the edited .zip files. I've unzipped and checked them but, as I seem to suffer from an inability to repeat observations , I would recommend that you double check that there are no casualties at startup.
          Yep. they worked fine!! thanx for your help

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
          Embarrasingly, I don't seem to be able to duplicate it nor do I have a rational explanation.

I'm getting slight differences from your observations. After the AI finishes its turn, some Argentine units are active. One Dagger on the carrier and some of the surviving aircraft in Port Stanley seem to be quite lively. Go figure.
          mmm... no idea

try the new 1.2 version posted here:

please, let me know if you still experience the same problem.

Comment

I can help with this in one of 2 ways
            1. Hexedit the final versions of the 3 .scn files before you post them. I'll can either PM you my e-mail so you can send them or you can attach them to a post. It is a trivial editing job.

2. If you want to do it yourself, frhed is a good freeware hexeditor that you can download and I can send you screen shots of the two sections in each .scn file where a few numbers have to be changed to zero.

Please let me know which you prefer.
            Can I ask a favour? I was playtesting a scenario I've been putting together, about a Cold War type conflict in a fictional world. I was testing whether one of the non-nuclear powers (a sort of combination Arab/Israeli type side) could knock out the small nuclear arsenal of another minor power by limited air strikes. While the test was a success, unfortunately, for some unknown reason, I saved right afterwards, including over my backup file, meaning that the casualties page now displays some losses that I'd rather it didn't. I have attached a .sav file. Is it possible to Hexedit ALL the casualties out of a .sav file, or can it only be done with .scn files? If you can't do it yourself, could you (or someone else) point me in the direction of how to do it myself, ie: if a tutorial has been written already, etc... Thanks in advance...
            Attached Files

Comment

No problem. One can remove any unwanted casualties from both .scn and .sav files.

I'll have the edited file back to you in an hour.

Comment

@Tigey: The no casualties file is attached.

@academia: Apologies for hijacking your thread.

The latest version of the Falklands war opens perfectly.

EDIT: Aw s**t, forgot to attach

Comment

Here's the missing file.

Oh well, sigh, +1
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that was quick. Thanks very much!

I can't believe I managed to not only save over the WIP file, but my backup as well... Honestly...

Comment

@Tigey: The no casualties file is attached.

@academia: Apologies for hijacking your thread.

The latest version of the Falklands war opens perfectly.
                      no problem

Comment

Working...
                      X