First Strike PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observation
    With all due respect, but why are you attacking ground targets with the migs? It seems like a terrible waste of your resources. You lost many many units just to take out 2 T-55s.

Turn:
    Da Nang liberated:
    -1 SAM destroyed
    -1 mech inf destroyed
    -1 T-55 destroyed

-No chinese losses.

+3 VPs via trade

VPs
    1. PRC: 44 VPs (-1 pollution)
    2. USSR: 42,5 VPs (-1 pollution)
    3. USA: 39 VPs
    4. Europe: 17,5 VPs (-2 pollution)

China back in the lead again!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eivind IV; April 18, 2007, 15:21.
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

• +4 VP trade -2 VP mil. tech.

Btw, I think military techs shouldn't deduct from the VPs. They should just count as +0.
      Attached Files

Comment

• ok, in order to have some fun, i decided to start a proxy war in lybia. ok?

that country has 3 cities with a total population of 21, so i´m going to use 2100 shields worth of units.

denis:
        please, move your freights from square 126,46. i wanna clean the pollution there.

18,5 VPs (-5 pollution)
        Attached Files
        South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
        Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

• nothing to report...

+0,5 vp trade = 43 VP
          Attached Files

Comment

• Chinese economy booming!

Aic, since I can't spot any other soviet military other than that stack 223,95, is the vietnam war considered a victory for me?

VPs
            1. PRC: 48 VPs (-2 pollution)
            2. USSR: 43 VPs (-1 pollution)
            3. USA: 41 VPs
            4. Europe: 18,5 VPs (-5(!) pollution)

+4 trade

I've suddenly gotten a problem with pollution myself for the first time, so I've started to invest in pollution free city improvements.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Aic, since I can't spot any other soviet military other than that stack 223,95, is the vietnam war considered a victory for me?
              read #1 for all the conditions for a proxy war victory

Comment

• Is that a yes (anhiliate the enemy)? Or do I have to wait 4 more turns to claim victory?

Comment

• u can claim

Comment

• Ok, that was the victory parade in Ho Chi Minh City!

You've been a galant foe, but now back to the business of turning Vietnam into a raw material producer and it's people to slaves!

+6 VPs (2 VPs x 3 cities) for next turn!

Comment

• btw, i disband the submarine which attacked a us-ship...

Comment

• Guys, I don't know about you, but I am getting a bit bored with this game...

Do we want to game on, or do we want to end this and join the new game instead?

Comment

• i dont have problems if we stop this one...

Comment

• Damnit Denis, this is the second game in a short time you've put a stop to. If you find yourself tired of scenarios after a given while, stop signing up for new ones.

But whatever, I'll stop if that is what you want, although I was quite enjoying making China into a powerhouse.

Comment

• As I said we can go on.

But I think that both AiC and I want to quit at this point.

Given the fact that he basically threw the towel in Vietnam and doesn't seem to be doing anything, and that I have nothing left to do but repeat the rushbuying steps for IFVs, I think it's safe to say that both of us have lost interest in this game. It was just me who brought it up.

And quite frankly, I think the US are too powerful the way they are right now. I don't have time for an all-out war, but if one were to happen, the US could pretty much wipe the floor with anyone in the long term.

I am lightyears ahead in terms of technology, money/turn (if I crank taxes up) and overall production. If I gave it a few more turns I could easily build an overwhelming number of units as well (now that basically all important US cities have factories + power plants).

So yes, I would say it is safe to end this and join the new game instead.

Comment

• this is the end then...
                                South Atlantic Conflict v1.2 - Civ II Scenario
                                Iron Curtain v1.1 - Civ II Scenario

Comment

Working...
                                X