Terrain defence bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrain defence bonus

I was always under the impression that the terrain def bonus number in the rules.txt is multiplied by 50% to calculate the final adjustment. Therefore(according to rules.txt at least) a number of 3 gives a def bonus of 50%(or a 150% adjustment).

Now that means that a number of 2 gives a normal def adjustment while a 1 a negative one. However i just noticed the values of the original terrain and they are as thus:

hills 2 (civilopadia says 100% bonus)
    mountains 3 (civilopedia says 200% bonus)
    plains/desert/grassland 1 (civilopaedia says normal)

The formula then is def number-1 x 100%= final bonus(not adjustment).

How can we verify any of these?

I hope my english was clear enough.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

You're looking at the wrong number in the rules. You're looking at the movement cost. Defense is the second number after the terrain name.

Defense for Grassland says 2, which is 2x50%=100% (i.e. normal). Defense for Hills is 4, or 4x50%=200% (i.e. 100% bonus)
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

duh!

Can someone close this thread?
      Quickly?
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X