Need help with Sci-Fi game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Sci-Fi game

I'm playing a sci-fi game and experience trouble teleporting units to other maps. And i can't quite figure out how to do it either. I have read the article in the COC site mentioned in the other post titled "help please", but it is still not clear.

I can teleport shuttles and HohManns to space etc. by pressing the "n" key (shuttle and HohMann have native teleport, so they should teleport themselves).

I also know that I need a SSTO pad to transport units from planet surface to orbit (but pad has to be directly under a platform).

But what I don't know is how to transport units to other maps than orbit. (Other than units with native teleports). Which terrain enhancements do I need to build for the other 2 maps.
    The HohMann unit can teleport to the dust cloud neimoidia (or something), and i found a very nice settle location, but I can't figure out how to get my environeers there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I hope a ToT style mod comes out for Civ4, 4 map simultaneous civving. Brings some interesting invasion plans for orbital landings, mwuhahaha
    Last edited by Major Guz; March 22, 2006, 12:15.

Not all units can visit all maps. And you need to build different types of transporters to get to different maps (when you try to build a transporter you'll get a menu where you can pick which type to build).

Hmmm, does that help?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

OK, I experimented a little, and i think that i understand it a little more. When tapping the "j" key you can build some transporter pad. I tried building one (the environeer had a blue line around its health bar), i could choose where i wanted to go (in this case just Naumachia was available).

The name of the transporter pad built depends on the location you want to go to, I always thought it was the other way around (silly me, looking for the build blabla transport grid button in the orders menu, lol )

So I think it is clear now, thanks Mercator!
      Last edited by Major Guz; March 23, 2006, 11:59.

Comment

Excellent.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X