The Future of the "SL: Civ2 Creation Hints, Tips and Guides" Subforum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of the "SL: Civ2 Creation Hints, Tips and Guides" Subforum

We all know we have a nice "Great Library" thread that is topped on this forum - the main forum for SL League. The purpose of that thread is to index all threads (and links) that are found to be useful. The threads are listed, almost like they would be in a regular forum. Got it? Good. Onward...

The common idea right now is to take all the threads in the Game Mechanic forum and move them back into the regular SL forum after they have been linked in the Great Library thread. This works just fine and there's no problem whatsoever in dong so. The idea behind this is to make sure all the threads are in one place and not in two, which became an issue when we had the Great Catastrophe and we lost both forums, for different lengths of time. Also, it seems silly to have to move all new game mechanic threads into one forum and top them when we have a perfectly fine index thread at the top of the main forum. Plus it would be more work to constantly move the threads. Got it? Good. Follow me...

Now, as all the threads will be moved out of the Game Mechanics subforum and into the main forum there comes the question: What do we do with an empty subforum?

- Shall it be closed?
    - If not a closure, then what else?

Let me know your thoughts.

Artist showcases....?

Comment

I think we could close the empty subforum - despite the artist showcase idea. There are already showcases and these do fine imo.

Comment

It can be deleted. I don't think we have any further need for it. In fact, that was St. Leo had been up to before the disaster. He'd moved the threads out and then asked to get the subforum deleted.

If anything, we should move stuff into the wiki, not into a subforum, IMHO.

Then again, it was the intended subforum deletion that brought about the catastrophe, because the main forum was accidentally deleted instead.

We can only hope they won't do that again.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Okie Dokie, all threads moved and indexed. The forum is a shell. I'm going to give this thread a few days for eveyone to at least read it and give their opinion.

Comment

That was quick...

The Great Library thread is becoming a bit cluttered now though.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
              The Great Library thread is becoming a bit cluttered now though.

Comment

Sorry about that.

Comment

Ok, any other input?

Comment

Alright, I think there's been enough time. I'm going to PM the powers that be and ask to have the subforum removed.

Comment

Just the subforum, right?
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I explicitly named the number of the forum and made sure it wasn't 29.

Comment

See you in the new forum after they've deleted this one again. I didn't like all these new threads anyway
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

All men to the nuke shelters!

*hits red button*

oops!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

DanQ rocks

Comment

Working...
                              X