No announcement yet.

Malta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading about Dom Mintoff, who was very close to the Libyans in the 70s and 80s. For being a leader of a Western European country, he sure was a nutter.
    -rmsharpe

Comment

I finished my game as the Maltese, driving the Libyans into the sea on day 48. My strategy was to secure the north island first, since the Libyan attack is weaker there.

Once that was done, I started ferrying units to the south island. Before I could stablize that island, the Libyans had occupied about 2/3s of it. The Cuban airforce was very difficult. It took a long time to wear it down with F4s and by attacking it's bases.

Once the front was stablized, I attacked across the northern hilly area with a strong armored force which included the Germans, linking up with my forces from the north island. Once Rabat was recaptured, Libyan resistance crumbled, and the remaining cities to the south fell in 4 or 5 turns.

The scenario is lots of fun. It looks good and plays well. Congratulations, rmsharpe!
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The Libyan advance at it's greatest.
        Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Lookin' good, tec!
          -rmsharpe

Comment

A follow-up invasion of Libya scenario would be nice...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Let me fix all of the bugs in this one first!
              -rmsharpe

Comment

Have you thought of varying the location and timing of the Libyan invasion? You could include multiple events files (up to ten) and one would be selected randomly when the scenario was first started. It would give better replay value to an excellent scenario.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Why don't you just have me hex edit the .exe file to support fifty thousand different players?
                  -rmsharpe

Comment

Why don't you just have me hex edit the .exe file to support fifty thousand different players?
                    Excellent question! Why not, indeed? Go for it!
                    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Nothing breeds more requests like a good scenario! Let me know how the hexing goes.
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                      X