No announcement yet.

Uses for the Spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wouldn't surprise me if the AI's tendency to build is affected by a @LEADERS's 'civilize' rating, but if I were to rely on my increasingly unreliable memory, I'd agree with Merc.

The size of the ship depends on the needs of the scenario. When is the ideal time for the spaceship to land? Go backwards from there. Size affects speed, as does NF. Decide on an ideal composition. Work out the economics. Start with Wikipedia and Google to work out the improvement names.

As far as images go. The spaceship represents the R&D and mfg process, not the explosion. The latter occurs when you land on AC. In a few weeks I'll understand that part better, but I'm sure there're others who can fill the gap.

Here's a FAQ that I've kept on my Palm for ages. My apologies to the uncited author for the plagiarism.

Originally posted long ago by someone very helpful.

How can I build the fastest possible spaceship to Alpha Centauri?
    Build it with 16 components and 33 structurals. It will take 5.7 years. You must launch it no later than 2014 to win. After that point, you must send out your troops to win.

The following is a chart made in 1998 to answer this question (it assumes you only send 10,000 colonists and that the ship is fusion powered):

Components, structurals, Years to AC

6, 15, 15.7
      8, 17, 13.2
    10, 21, 10.0
    12, 25,   8.3
    14, 29,   6.7
    16, 33,   5.7 <--> This is the fastest ship you can build.

For example, a 3 module ship that is fusion powered: 6 components, 15 structurals, 15.7 years to reach AC

Only 33 structurals are needed for a 16 component 12 modules spaceship which takes 11.7 years to reach AC. This is the fastest time to AC for a ship with the most modules. Also note that years are rounded down, so if you are trying to reach AC before 2020, that takes 11 years, meaning a launch in 2008 will reach AC before 'the final buzzer'.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

2 year bump!

I want to introduce a 'race for the Sistine Chapel' in a new scenario of mine. And for having replaced pictures such the El Aurens one, you need to use gif extracter, right? And then you need to replace the original dll's in the main folder, right? I had several such volountary dll's for my Norwegian Campaign, but no one seemed to use them. Is there an easier way?
      Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, ResHacker is better than GifX (but works only for MGE and ToT).

No, there's no easier way...
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X