No announcement yet.

Supply and Demand Calculator v2 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to check the constants for different game versions, but I don't know when I will be able to do it, so don't bet on me. Maybe the easiest way would to run the debugger.

Yes, it was me who downloaded / will misuse the code.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

All right Slowthinker, I believe I have found the problem and corrected it. The problem was the very first offset was off by 1, so it always registered as 2.42. This has been corrected and it loaded your test save without errors. I have not checked to make sure all data was correct as I did not have time. Here is the newest version of the calculator.

StuporMan
      Attached Files
      Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
      Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Yes, it works with MGE, I don't know if with ToT?

But only wildcard works well, other commodities are usually different. I must do more tests.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

All right, I am glad that it is now loading MGE. I unfortunately do not have TOT so I do not have any files to test. If someone could post one, I can start debugging if needed (I have all the code in place that SHOULD work).

As far as the commodities go, I know that the lists are not accurate. I have tried unsuccessfully a number of times to implement Samson's formulas. I have come very close a number of times, but there is always one or two saves that end up throwing me off. Unfortunately, the calculator is currently in a state where things are not as close as I would like them to be. I would appreciate any help I can get with this task.

This summer will you help me unlock the Samson Code? (coming soon to an Apolyton near you)

StuporMan
          Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

StuporMan's Supply and Demand Calculator
          Supply and Demand Calculator 2.0.1 Beta Now loading savegames!

Comment

Working...
          X