Spanish Civil War v.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Civil War v.3

Where can I get it? Who's played it, and what do you think? I really liked the first version, but I've lost track of the improved versions.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

It's quite enjoyable; the only thing that really annoyed me was Pablo's bizarre decision to have 12 shields per row rather than the usual 10. Besides this, and the fact that there's not a real 'race-against-time' feeling because there are too many turns, it's excellent.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I wonder what is Pablostuka doing these days?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

The last time I talked to Pablo he told me that after graduating from university he'd gotten a very lucrative job that unfortunatly ate up all the time ne normally alloted for scenario making, moderating the Evo site and PBEM playing (at one point he was in at least 15 PBEM's I think).

If memory serves me he had tried hard to keep up his activness in the PBEM community, but wanning popularity of the PBEM threads and the Evo site in general lead him to believe it was no longer worth the time he was commiting.

I see him online once in a while, and when I do I try to convince him that the Civ II world needs minds like his. I think he's gone and moved on for good from our humble Civ II rhelms sadly.

Comment

Thanks. This might be a good candidate for the ToT conversion treatment. (hint)

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, one has already been in progress in the last few months.

Comment

I have it converted. The only issue with it is that the labels.txt is not compatible with ToT and causes it to crash. I can look into trying to convert labels into the ToT format, but right now I am swamped with RL stuff, so it will have to wait until after December 15.
              "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
              "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

Great, thanks.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I started some unit conversions some months ago. If there is a ToT version I will gladly share them

Comment

I have a few Warlords aircraft repainted in Spanish Civil War colours...
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Go for it.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Well, you did want it this, the *hard* way

Part 1: German infantry, Legionario, Republican infantry; PzKw Ib, Nationalist infantry, FT-17 Char léger.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Part 2: Italian infantry, Falangist;
                          Attached Files

Comment

North African colonial trooper
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X