New gfx for Tech's Roman Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techumseh
    OK Fairline, now you've started something. I'd like to extend the scenario to include the wars of the Second Triumverate, up to 30 BCE. So I'll need 4 new leader units: Octavian, Sextus, Antony, and Brutus. Can you accomodate? Thanks.
    Excellent, and yes.

BTW, as well as the odd civ split naming problem, it would be nice if you gave legionaries the marine flag to allow those pesky single-tile islands to be captured.
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Here are the upgrades for Roman Civil Wars:

1. Added an 's' to War in the title.

2. Increased the movement of infantry by 1 and of cavalry by 2.

3. Gave archers the amphibious flag so they can attack those pesky single tile islands.

4. Used Civstack to replace all the 'stackable' forts with 'stackable' airbases to encourage Barbarian and other AI unit's movement.

5. Manually changed the 'stackable' airbases under Barbarian fort units back to 'stackable' forts to discourage AI movement of fort units.

6. Extended the game from 55BCE-44 BCE to 30 BCE, the game is extended to 297 turns from 124.

7. Added slots for replacement leaders for the Roman civs: Sextus after losing Pompey, Antony after Cassius, Brutus after Cicero, and Octavian after Caesar. Awaiting new unit art from the guy who got me into this.

To do:

1. New events for the Second Triumverate period.

2. Extend the tech tree.

3. Send scn file to AGRICOLA for hex editing. Lots of Armenian and Judean units are owned by the Syrian Legions but are located in Armenian and Judean cities (Barbarian) at the start. They tend to attack their own cities instead of the Parthians. An alliance between the Syrian Legions and the Barbarians will prevent this.

Any other suggestions?
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
        Here are the upgrades for Roman Civil Wars:

2. Increased the movement of infantry by 1 and of cavalry by 2.
        Were you previously relying on pikeman flags in any units? If so, you might want to tweak them for the new mf's (I know it's obvious, but that's the sort of thing that I forget to do). The changes sound good.
        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Yeah, there was one - the scorpion. Since it was the infantry that had a mp of 2, the scorpion had the pikeman flag to make it a defensive unit against infantry. I will work just as well to simply bump up the defense strength so it's effective against ALL units.

The other major change is the defense factors, since there's no longer a fortress on each land tile. The df were halved to reflect this. But just doubling them won't be enough, since they are tripled in walled cities. So some adjustment to seige units may be necessary. Either that or giving more units the 'override city walls' flag.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
          X