No announcement yet.

Dictator Tot - Out Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry. Some raw recruits forgot to fill gas tanks. Throw them in the stockade!
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

For all factions, some units are not ready for battle on the first turn!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Uploaded.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Nice one!

Many thanks, St Leo!

Comment

PS

St leo, could you edit this line:

"Only you can decided the balance between Freedom and Fascism."

I have made a typo in the scen text and it should read...

"Only you can decide the balance between Freedom and Fascism."

Cheers, man!

Comment

You know you can do it yourself? Just register and edit the page. That's what the wiki SL is all about!
              Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I'll do that then!

Comment

Just one quick question for you Curt, it may have been asked already and you might not know the answer but what the hell. Do you know what class of submarine or U-Boat is it exactly thats featured in the the unit file? It has the designation UB 125 but a quick web search couldn't find any such boat.

There's no real need for this answer, just a curiosity of mine .

Comment

Some thoughts

Just realized I've been playing a couple weeks and that I do have feedback to report:

(It's Nov 1943, I'm playing as the Germans. Have conquered all of Europe/N. Africa/Middle East (save the yellow cities) and am presently working my way down the east coast of Africa, planning to take out Field Marshal Smuts by May or June 1944. In Russia, I have captured Moscow, Leningrad and Sevastopol, but am moving slowly - only launched the Russian war in June 1943, and I generally am slow with scenarios, anyway.)

Thoughts:

- I still can't build Engineers - is this intended? I thought I had the latest patch. One Engineers unit was created (presumably by event) in Berlin about 2 dozen turns ago, but that's all, despite my having the required tech.

- Game notes read 'Commonwealth' for cities that don't appear to be Commonwealth (e.g. Balkan, Vichy). Is this a leftover from the debate between having a Commonwealth Civ?

- Civilopedia movement point listings seem to be incorrect.

- I haven't run across them myself, but from checking the Civilopedia and observing the Sino-Japanese war, the Zero seems a bit underpowered at hp 2, fp 1. Is this intended?

- Is it intended for some tiles to be non-stackable? I've run across a few 'regular' tiles in odd places, and exploited them.

- I restarted the scenario after upgrading my rules file. The first aborted game I played had dozens of US units buzzing my Atlantic seaboard, after the US declared war. Now, I don't see any. Not sure what's different.

In general - I'm enjoying the scenario.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I've been able to build Engineers since discovering the Improved RR tech in Aug 1940. The latest download definitely has them as the second unit in the units table and in the units.bmp file.

You've been operating under the huge handicap of not being able to cover all European hills with mines and RR's to increase shield production as well as to speed up movement by building RR's.

There definitely are some non-stackable squares in Russia, west of the Urals. They seem to be good places where to permanently station otherwise useless German units. I also created a few such squares when I pillaged all air bases to deprive the %$@*&! American B-17's of places to land.
                      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I haven't been playing this week, but I've been meaning to post feedback so far based on my campaign notes.

Played as the US so I could take a breather and build up my infrastructure before going to war. It's now Jan 1945 and I'm at the Rhine in the West; Japan was a much easier conquest last year because those cities were often defended by Armoured Cars and Artillery with City Flak Defences - not enough to protect them from B-17s. Also the Japanese had not expanded at all, except through events, and had even been turned back by the Chinese using Partisans. In fact the only cities they took by force were Midway and Pearl. * ahem*

The AI used destroyers and battleships together very well, and losing vet B-17s to defending destroyers was very annoying.

So I was a little confused by having a GI unit and Marines unit where the costs are the same and the stats so similar. It wasn't until the European events were revealed that this made sense. Considering their performance I obviously haven't been building as many infantry units as I should. German cities have been very hard to take by B-17 and M-26s, protected as they are by AA batteries behind City Flak Defences.

In Europe we've seen four years of pure attrition with nothing to show for it except the loss of a few cities, leaving the civ equivalent of a cordon sanitaire. Static progress everywhere has to be because of the defensive bias to the unit stats.

Anyway, attached 5 save games from each game year for your consideration.
                        Attached Files
                        "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA
                          You've been operating under the huge handicap of not being able to cover all European hills with mines and RR's to increase shield production as well as to speed up movement by building RR's.

Somehow I managed to screw that up again. Oh well, I'm not doing that badly. I'll persevere.

There definitely are some non-stackable squares in Russia, west of the Urals. They seem to be good places where to permanently station otherwise useless German units. I also created a few such squares when I pillaged all air bases to deprive the %$@*&! American B-17's of places to land.
                          Gotta remember that trick. The Americans finally learned Torch (early 1944) so I expect they'll be showing up next turn.
                          Last edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man; August 28, 2005, 08:52.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Panda
                            I haven't been playing this week, but I've been meaning to post feedback so far based on my campaign notes.

Played as the US so I could take a breather and build up my infrastructure before going to war. It's now Jan 1945 and I'm at the Rhine in the West; Japan was a much easier conquest last year because those cities were often defended by Armoured Cars and Artillery with City Flak Defences - not enough to protect them from B-17s. Also the Japanese had not expanded at all, except through events, and had even been turned back by the Chinese using Partisans. In fact the only cities they took by force were Midway and Pearl. * ahem*

The AI used destroyers and battleships together very well, and losing vet B-17s to defending destroyers was very annoying.

So I was a little confused by having a GI unit and Marines unit where the costs are the same and the stats so similar. It wasn't until the European events were revealed that this made sense. Considering their performance I obviously haven't been building as many infantry units as I should. German cities have been very hard to take by B-17 and M-26s, protected as they are by AA batteries behind City Flak Defences.

In Europe we've seen four years of pure attrition with nothing to show for it except the loss of a few cities, leaving the civ equivalent of a cordon sanitaire. Static progress everywhere has to be because of the defensive bias to the unit stats.

Anyway, attached 5 save games from each game year for your consideration.
                            Got those saves, Panda!
                            Would you say that some defence should be shaved from the units?

Is everyone finding enemy cities too hard to crack?

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

Is everyone finding enemy cities too hard to crack?

I'm not, really. Playing on Field Marshal level, I haven't found cities any tougher than in vanilla Civ2.

Wespes/SS/75 mm Arty did the trick when I conquered the British isles. The Russian units seem even easier - I'm probably losing one unit for every 10 I destroy. Again, Wespes and SS, augmented by tanks and FW-190s, are doing well against the Russian defences.

edit: Then again, almost all my units are vets, and the Russians don't seem to have any City Flak that I've noticed.

Comment

Good show!

Taking the entirity of Eurasia may be a real challenge though!

Comment

Working...
                                X