Infinite Turn Waiting Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinite Turn Waiting Syndrome

Just wondering, is there any way that I don't have to wait say, 3-5 minutes while the AI moves in Scenarios?

I turned off "Show Enemy Moves" and the game still displays battles (even ones not against my forces) This makes WWII simulations almost impossible to play because they take so long.

Is there any solution? I mean, how do you guys playtest these games if they take so long to load?

-DC.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

when you get the first satellite into orbit after researching some tech (space flight I beleive), you can see everything. So remove this from the tree

Also toggle cheat menu and under reveal map choose no special view.
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Thank you. I'll try the 'no special view' thing... which might make Eivind's "Mafia" playable... but is there any way that I won't have to sit through perhaps 40 battle animations at the beginning of "Red Front"? or similar WWII games...
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hold down Shift while the AI is moving... much quicker...

Edit: It might still display battles though...
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

In any case, MAFIA doesn't take half as much as, say, Red Front, or 2194 days of war Gigamap...
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
          X