Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will people play civ2 after civ4 comes out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will people play civ2 after civ4 comes out?

yes I asked a similar thread in civ3.

I'm just wondering how long this game can last. It has legs.

People are still playing it now, so I don't see any reason why that would change with Civ4. Unless Civ4 really is brilliant...

Then again, my computer probably won't be able to run Civ4 anyway, and I have no intention to upgrade my computer anytime soon. Certainly not just for Civ4.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I seem to remember this question being asked when Civ3 was imminent - the answer remains, "Oh, Yes!"

Stu
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

It depends how good Civ IV is.
        If the multiplayer is good, many may switch.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But then that's for the multiplayer community anyway... There's still a vibrant creation community for Civ2 as well. And for that aspect it depends on how good the customisability of Civ4 is gonna be. Civ3 was a big disappointment there, but Civ4 is looking promising from what I've seen so far...
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The answer is a screaming yes!

Carolus

Comment

Will always play civ 2. Might buy a new computer if civ 4 is good enough.
              Ants. An MGE scenario
              http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

I'll still play it once every few months.

The game's graphics and modability are amazing... I have yet to see Civ II's Brilliance equaled in a TBS.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Civ IV looks more promising than Civ III, but Civ II will always be one of the few computer games I will continue to play and enjoy for many years to come.

Comment

I'm already playing Civ2.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

RJM at Sleeper's
                      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I think I'll play Civ II, always addictive
                        ... and runable on an old configuration
                        JCP
                        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

civ runs fine on xp.if it didnt id use vmware to simulate windows 98 which ive already done for other games (vmware )

''I'll still play it once every few months.'' <---describes me

The game's graphics and modability are amazing
                          you mean you like the sucky graphics?.......thats cool,my dad thinks im nuts for trashing some of his high graphic games in favour of civ2's
                          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Chess and Go have lasted a pretty long time. IMO Civ2 has what it takes to last quite a while, too. To me, Civ3 does not have the classical look or feel of Civ2 (I especially hate the cartoonish leader graphics). Don't know about Civ4 yet, but if it is just a complexification of Civ2, it will probably not pull me away.

Comment

Hear hear!

I can only agree with you, Peaster

Stu
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X