Do Moderators even visit here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Moderators even visit here?

......because there sure ain't much ta do!

(starts timer......)
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Shouldn't we be all the happier for it?

I bet this thread will, er, pass away soon enough...

Carolus

Comment

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

So what happened to this forum? Has everyone stopped trying to make PBEMs work, or have they gone somewhere else?

BTW, Kull, I was totally wrong about your scenario being suitable for PBEM. It's got to be the longest PBEM ever. How has it gone?
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Amazingly enough, we're coming up on 3 years! Things were pretty slow in the beginning, as you surmised at the time, but Empire Building and the search for huts (and our neighbors) spawned some interesting stories and kept things entertaining. As empires expanded, there were a few minor skirmishes, but usually diplomacy won the day, and cooler heads prevailed.

All that changed recently when Assyria decided to de-Babyloniaize Mesopotamia. Tensions had been building for some time, and both Kings have different versions of who's to blame, but the rest of the world knew one thing - as the largest empire, Assyria couldn't be allowed to take control of this critical region - and thereby almost double in size. Diplomacy was attempted, and when it failed ultimatums followed. At this critical juncture, the leader of Assyria departed for Syria (how ironic!) and passed control of his civ to a new King.

The new leader was willing to accept the former status quo, but the Alliance of Six was determined that a large, aggressive Assyria was no longer something we cared to live with. Harsh peace terms were announced (Assyria would have suffered a 33% reduction in size), and they were spurned, at which point the Great War began. It is truly a world war, in the sense that combat has been reported in Anatolia, Mesopotamia, the Persian highlands, Canaan, Cyprus, and the Eastern Med.

So that's where we are now - in the early stages of a massive Clash of Empires. Listen carefully and you can hear the distant rumble of the chariots, the cracking of naval timbers, and the screams of men and horses. As for that pungent odor in your nostrils, it's the smell of distant, burning cities.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Kull; June 22, 2005, 19:53.

Comment

Re: Do Moderators even visit here?

Originally posted by Kull

(starts timer......)
            this community is self policing, I've seen spammer come in and then one of the PBEMers gets off a PM to ming and the spammer gets cut down at the knees

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
              So what happened to this forum? Has everyone stopped trying to make PBEMs work, or have they gone somewhere else?
              Has this forum seen better days? When I joined Seeds 7 months ago, the forum only had one or two active threads. Now it has eight threads (3 PBEMs).

There seem to be more games going at the EVO site, though I don't know if many players are involved.

Comment

we've had 20 games going on at once or more. some people were in a dozen games at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                  we've had 20 games going on at once or more. some people were in a dozen games at a time.
                  Why people left this forum?
                  I see CDG forum is quite busy now, is it because people moved there from Apolyton and CivFan?
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Re: Do Moderators even visit here?

Originally posted by Kull

(starts timer......)
                    You can FINALLY stop your timer...

And you did answer your own question. I sweep through many of the smaller forums every once in a awhile. But unlike the OTF where action is needed often, these kinds of forum are usually pretty civil. Usually it takes a registered complaint to bring a mod
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Re: Do Moderators even visit here?

Originally posted by Ming

You can FINALLY stop your timer...
                      Hehehe....until Tec came by and posted his question, I was pretty sure the whole thread was just gonna drop off the active page.

We do enjoy our quiet little corner, far from the madding crowd.

(puts watch back in vest pocket)

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                        Something that wasn't allways a good thing in terms of people being able to play their turns quickly (as I should know)...
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Curse you, Civ3! May the glory of Civ2 endure forever!
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

How goes the war against Assyria?
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                              How goes the war against Assyria?
                              Pretty darn slow! Actually, there's been quite a lot of action, with battles on every turn. Considering it's 6-to-1, Assyria is doing pretty well (2 cities destroyed on each side), but every turn they lose units - often on several fronts.

The major problem for Assyria seems to be the "Tigris Strategy" employed by Babylon. In short, Assyria has no cities on the "ocean tile" portion of that river, while Babylon does. That means Babylon has the ability to sail transports up and down behind Assyrian lines, attacking at will, and usually able to then retreat to the invulnerable ships following each assault. (ST announced this tactic in the game thread, so I'm not betraying any state secrets).

Most of the ground war is currently borne by Babylon and Egypt, but once the Hittites and Persia enter the fray in a big way, things should really get dicey for Assyria.

But don't take my word for it, feel free to download some of the game files to review the course of the campaign.

Comment

Working...
                              X