Apolytoner's Hall of Fame: June 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a pointless effort, you see nobody believe you

And frankly said, I don't understand why votes from non-Civ2 forums are included. Everybody knows Civ2 is the classic and only game of value.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

I will probably miss the next vote, too, because I seldom come here anymore.

With that in mind, I'm going to say now that I would like to cast my (August) super-high-quality 2000-era vote for Bloody Monk.

I enjoyed playing with him - and others - in the glory days of succession games a couple of years ago. Monk is a great player - one of the better players I have come across here.

What makes him Hallworthy, IMO, is how well he plays despite his condition. How much enjoyment he derives from the game. This game is an escape for all of us, but it seems to be even more of an escape for Monk.

I know all this stuff because I played Civ2 with him, of course. I think Monk's story is one of the best Civ stories out there. He's a pretty damn inspiring person, as others here have noted. And I think that if he is elected to the HoF, more people in other parts of this site will hear this story, too. It's worth hearing.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Hear! Hear!
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
        X