Dainichi Sekai Taisen - Available Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley
    The black and white striped railroads are a nice touch- exactly how the maps of the time represented them. What do the roads look like?
    No railroad I'm afraid, the raidroads pictured are actually roads. I actually have a set of alternative cities which are just geometrc shapes like circles with inlaid borders, like maps of the time but none of the testers (like Eivind) liked it.
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Can we see these, cities anyway?

They can't be any worse than those lame cities of mine you are using...
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Also the title screen was not well received so back to the traditional style...

(cropped to fit the 800 pixel limitation of this forum)
        Attached Files
        This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Its not easy to implement, so I do think they are worse than your lame cities. However, from a strategic point of view, you can see what you control much more easily.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
            facing East means facing the right, so you mean it the other way round?
            Er....yes

I like the concept of the cities identifying territory held - they could be a little nicer aesthetically but you are on to something here.
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by fairline

Er....yes

I like the concept of the cities identifying territory held - they could be a little nicer aesthetically but you are on to something here.
              i like the idea of a scenario with simple terrain graphics and simple icons for all units, resouces and cities, is that what you were thinking?
              i am going to experiment with something,
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
              Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
              Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Er....yes

Yeah, I'd try to re-do them in perspective, so that they don't look like propped-up carboard cutouts
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Was it the Finland WW2 scen used some nice flags as border markers?

Perhaps something like that could represent cities?

A unit square gives plenty of room for detail...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's a good idea, it's just to my eyes it clashes with the terrain graphics.
                    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

An interesting idea, maybe if the terrain contrast was lowered and blurred out, like one of those old maps from that time period, it would look good.
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                        Was it the Finland WW2 scen used some nice flags as border markers?

Perhaps something like that could represent cities?

A unit square gives plenty of room for detail...

Sure you're not thinking of the the Norwegian campaign?

@Kobayashi:
                        Actually, I liked the old title better.
                        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one, for sure. Can't say I'm fond of the abstract cities - they clash with the realistic terrain and units. If everything was abstracted, it would be appealing though. Sort of like an Avalon-Hill flashback!
                          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I agree that the abstract cities cannot work well when the background terain is full of detail. I've tried variations like 3D tiles but my conclusion is typical cities work the best with the rest of the map. For what its worth, I've found that when the abstract cities are all the same, it reduces the clash with the terrain so the squares and polygons will be removed for the alt cities set in the initial release version.

Erika, for a completely abstract scenario, have a look at my Battlefiled Chess Konigsburg scenario

Just to recap, There are two parts to the game. One is a generic two player game, Battle Field Chess, where both sides have the same map and units - from the mid to late 20th century. This acts as a base pack for other people who wish to make single-player scenarios using the same concept...
                            Last edited by kobayashi; May 16, 2005, 03:22.

Comment

Er....yes
                              I can (and will) flip the US planes but the ships need to all face the same direction as some designs are shared.

Comment

Working...
                              X