X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dainichi Sekai Taisen - Available Soon

After ZWK, what else but DST
    Attached Files
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

And I even used the unit format that everyone here likes.
    Attached Files
    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

And when will it be released? Soon. Testing is in its final stages. So get ready for ...
      Attached Files

Comment

Sounds more than interesting, Kobi! :

What will be the time and geography limits?

What civs will be represented?
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

An old master returns to show us how it is done!

There is a veritable outbust of scenarios recently, superb!

Looking forward to this one!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrion
            Sounds more than interesting, Kobi! :

What will be the time and geography limits?

What civs will be represented?
            1937 jan to Aug 1945. There is no atomic bomb unit as such, if you don't achieve a negotiated peace while owning a certain number of objective cities, you automatically lose.

The Map stretches from the Eastern half of India to the Western one third of North America.

Civs are

Japan 1
            Japan 2
            Allied E
            Allied W
            China
            Europeans
            The rest (mainly Russia but also Mongolia, Tibet, Mexico)

plus Barbarians = warlords including Siam

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
              An old master returns to show us how it is done!

There is a veritable outbust of scenarios recently, superb!

Looking forward to this one!

Eivind said he put together the cities from your material, do you recognize them? Also I must tell you I ripped of some icons from dictator.

Comment

@Kobayashi

An updated set of the Japanese infantry you are using. Hope it comes in useful.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! Why 2 Japanese civs though?

And I even used the unit format that everyone here likes.
                  While that's probably true, that's not to say that I didn't like the graphics in ZWK; I thought they were great. If you had gone for hi-res in this one too, it certainly wouldn't have stopped me (or anyone else in the community for that matter I imagine) from playing it.

A bit OT, but I finally got around to playing a few of your back catalogue that I hadn't tried before. TRON was fantastic: there's nothing I liked more in this scenario than max zooming out every few turns, hitting the 'view hidden terrain' button and seeing how much more of the world had turned blue!

WON on the other hand... I really, really wanted to get into this. So many innovative concepts, it looked like a winner. I started to play and persevered for a while, but if failed to hold my interest. There was simply too much to do i.e. far too many cities to manage. The AI cargo containers seem to serve no purpose other than to block you from transporting goods via the sea, and I could find no way to kill them. Have you ever considered doing a version of this on a smaller map with less cities?
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Why 2 Japanese civs though?

You get free (cost 1) resource units spawned at objective units and you have to use them to attack the second Jap cities to get supplies (cost 30) units which can be disbanded for their shields.

GRAPHICS - Photoshop doesn't work on XP so no more Hi-res.

TRON - glad you liked it.

WON - Its all about using your own ships to block the routes you use, much like in the real world where there is a cartel controlling all the shipping lanes.

Maybe if you played as one of the smaller economies, like Japan or Asia, it would be less complicated. Actually setting the cities on auto and then just focusing on bribing and conquering the cities you need is not that tedious.

Too bd nobody ever discovered the Easter Egg in WON.

Comment

The US aircraft would look better facing east and the Japanese ships facing west IMHO.
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
                        Eivind said he put together the cities from your material, do you recognize them? Also I must tell you I ripped of some icons from dictator.
                        That's them alright. But either you must have shifted the order of them or changed the city styles manually, because this doesn't seem as the ones I sent. Japan has soviet style, and soviet has jap style. How much more left btw? Do you still need my help?
                        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

The black and white striped railroads are a nice touch- exactly how the maps of the time represented them. What do the roads look like?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
                            The US aircraft would look better facing east and the Japanese ships facing west IMHO.
                            facing East means facing the right, so you mean it the other way round?

Comment

I think he means from their perspective, yes.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X