No announcement yet.

New and Innovative Scenario Concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, about the map I can only say please be my guest. It was initially "lent" from Harry Tuttle´s Atomic Eagle I scenario and then slightly modded by myself.

About the militia/Continental Congress Army units ... well, I´d say they´d be looking more or less like they did a generation ago, won´t you think so too?

Comment

I Jusdt had an idea for a scenario that starts in ww2 and runs until the end of the cold war, how someone would do this i am not sure, but i have yet to see a scenario like this, i guess generic aircraft and ships, plus ToT would be needed to pull it off but i believe it can be done,
      not much i can do right now since my own computer is rather unusable at the moment, after catching fire and all
      But my hard drive is intact as is my civ2 partition so i won't need to worry about backup,
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Here are some units I've been working on for a Napoleonic Scenario.

I originally used an infantry unit by Typhoon and Fairline to draw the infantry.
        Attached Files

Comment

Saladin23

Great looking nappy units

Comment

Originally posted by Saladin23
            Here are some units I've been working on for a Napoleonic Scenario.
            As a wargamer and military history enthusiast I enjoy playing civ2 scenarios based on all periods of history.

I sincerely hope that you will keep us up-to-date on your scenario

Comment

Great looking nappy units
              Thanks.

I'm working on the units at the moment and I need to sort out a functioning tech tree.

I am thinking on doing it on a worldwide scale, but being my first real attempt, I can't say whether it'll work

Below:

Multiple Swedish infantry, Dutch, Saxon and Bavarian infantry and multiple Portugese infantry (I made the mistake of using the republican flag in the previous post):
              Attached Files

Comment

You are thinking of doing the nappy scenario using a world map?

That would be interesting, but it would be a very big challenge.

Would using a Europe/North Africa map be too limiting?

I am a real fan of napoleonic games, so I am looking forward to this.

Your units are very well done.

I especially like the action poses and flags.

I am surprised there are not more scenarios done on napoleonic themes since the uniforms were very colourful and great looking, and would be a delight for any artists out there.

Cheers!

Comment

He could use a map similar to the one in Blood & Steel, From Western North America all the way to India, IMHO.
                  "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                  It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Jeez, between my laziness and the fact that Civ2 won't work on Windows ME, which I'm stuck with, I have tons of ideas I'll never implement. Here's one.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms: I had this idea long ago but never implemented it because A. I'm lazy, and B. I realized I know almost nothing about late-Han-era China, or Chinese geography. Anyway, this scenario was based on implementing the book's considerable emphasis on leadership. It's a tweaking of the idea I used for Broken Kingdom, the one poorly implemented scenario I've completed. Most ground units are "air" units under this scheme; cavalry have high movement and a range of one, like fighters, which lets them attack multiple times per turn, but infantry have lower supply needs and thus can stay out longer without resupply. To resupply, a unit needs to return to a General ground unit, which is a settler with the carrier ability and minimal battle prowess. The Generals are expensive and due to their settler flag can only be maintained in very limited quantities. They represent both the supply wagons and the morale boost and leadership needed by enlisted men in medieval societies. They can in theory feed three dozen units, of course, but due to the risks of unit stacking there's a practical limit.

The normal Generals are a sad necessity at first, but in RTK all three of the titular Kingdoms had trustworthy subordinates to lead their armies. These heroic generals are given by events, or available from the beginning: Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, and Zhao Yun, Dien Wei and Hsu Zhu, Gan Ning and Zhou Yu, and so on. They're faster and tougher than ordinary Generals, and require no support. Some have special abilities too; Guan Yu is such a famous warrior that he gets the AEGIS flag. Normal soldiers don't dare to attack him.

There are also non-aerial, non-General units: Emissaries/diplomats played a big part in the books, for bribing enemy cities and generals, as well as ballistae and various ships. Fire Ships are literal "Nuclear Submarines," while other ships can carry troops like generals can, while still others can carry Generals and equipment, and others can only fight.

While "ground" units can cross rivers and ignore terrain in this scenario, soldiers themselves are pretty mobile if you think about it. They can ford streams or cross rivers in small boats to make surprise attacks, or ride through mountain trails. It's the supply trains that keep them fed, or envoys in carriages, or heavy siege equipment, that have trouble with mountains and rivers.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

This thread's been lingering near the bottom too long. I have partially-completed Mexican Revolution, Mexican War, Simon Bolivar, and War of 1812 scens that really just need better graphics (that aren't easy to find). These topics, while occasionally done, seem quite rare as scens go. While I'm currently focusing on 'Empire of the Rising Sun' right now, I'm always on the lookout for new graphics for a scenario folder filled with scens with crappy graphics that I'd like to post or, in some cases, re-post in an improved form.

Comment

@Saladin:
                        Those napoleon units are extremely nice!
                        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Well the sad thing is that this forum is just filled with amazing but never completed idea's for scenario's. You'd have no trouble finding any worthy project needing completion, updating and or both.

Comment

Say Patrick, I'm just curious how much of the US-Mexican war you've completed to date? I always thought that was a damn good idea for a scenario and I continue to be surprised there is little to no work done on that conflict. Especially considering how it continues to shape the political landscape of the America's even to this day.

Comment

Well, Chris, I took a look at what I had done with that Mexican War scen, and frankly what I've got is pitiful. It's one of the oldest items in my scenario folder, and it could use a LOT of improvement. The map sucks, the units are all drawn from Microprose graphics from scens that come with CiC and FW, the tech tree is basically just a truncated version of the standard Civ 2 tech tree with a few techs to allow civ-specific units, and even the city graphics are quite dated. The one I have was supposed to go from 1836 to 1845 and cover the Texas Revolution, Mexican War, and a possible conflict between the US and Mormons. The four players were Texas, Mexico, the US, and the Mormons, with barbarians being the Indians. It would need a complete overhaul to be much good. There you have it!

Comment

@ Elok

I bought my present computer (PC clone, Celeron 800 MHz) 4-5 years ago, complete with Windows ME. It flawlessly ran Civ2 and every Civ2 scen without any problem until a year ago when ME became corrupted and had to be replaced with a relatively inexpensive ($75) upgrade to XP because I had lost the Windows ME CD. ME is known to be somewhat unstable.

I don't think that your problem is due to any intrinsic incompatability between Civ2 and ME. However, I'm far too computer illiterate to suggest a fix for your difficulties.
                                Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                                Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
                                X