Peaster vs. SlowThinker Fast PBEM duel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowThinker

Peaster's thread has more views, I suppose it is because I am behind the reality
    Maybe it's because he checks his own thread a lot?

My wife has gone back to Switzerland, so I'll start my catching up right now!

Carolus

Comment

Carolus, you can load the saves as a hotseat or a SP game.
      With hotseat you can switch to Zulu position by ending my turn, with SP you can switch to Zulus by switching to scenario(and so cheat) mode and shift-F3. But in cheat mode you can also reveal all the map and so it may be more comfortable for you.
      Last edited by SlowThinker; May 24, 2005, 18:20.
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

AD 30

Attached Files

Comment

AD 35

Attached Files

Comment

AD 40

Attached Files

Comment

Argh, sorry! I confused the threads and posted a screenshot here ... Peaster I hope you didn't see it...
              Last edited by SlowThinker; May 24, 2005, 20:40.

Comment

AD 45

Attached Files

Comment

I didn't see it.

But it looks like your thread is getting a lot of attention now.

Comment

Yes, my thread got new +25 views. I added comments 30AD-35AD and some screnshots. We must slown down the game so that I can complete reports.
                    BTW nobody loads the saves. I supposed that people are lazy and prefer screenshots...

We must have a lot of spectators but only Carolus owns up. Guys, who is here?
                    Last edited by SlowThinker; May 25, 2005, 15:01.

Comment

I should explain how I try to track number of Zulu cities:
                      I am checking top 5 cities, but before I make unhappy citizens in my cities that are among top 5 (I move martial law units out) and so I get top 5 Zulu cities). So I see when settlers were built (of course I can miss some).
                      I also check the Demographics window and manipulate with my shield production so that I see how much of shileds Zulus produce. But this is only rough because the AI may replace Zulu workers with the Demo window.
                      And this technique is not very useful if I am behind.

Comment

Again... bad thread ...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                            I should explain how I try to track number of Zulu cities:
                            I am checking top 5 cities, but before I make unhappy citizens in my cities that are among top 5 (I move martial law units out) and so I get top 5 Zulu cities).
                            IMO changing your position after your turn (by moving units out or disbanding units) should not be legal. Any changes which could be performed during normal play and then reversed are OK (for example, playing around with the tax slider). Moving units out of a city is OK if they have enough movement points left to exit and re-enter (eg a warrior in a city on a river).

Comment

I agree.
                              I do all "top 5 cities" manipulation during my turn.
                              Only the F11 manipulations are done after saving my turn and I do only those manipulations that would allow to finish my turn in equal status that was in the official save.

Comment

AD 50
                                Congratulations for the Hanging Gardens! I will have to strive more, I was a bit behind before HG already...

Originally posted by Peaster in a late e-mail
                                My diplomat at 19,39 bribed your warrior at 19,37
                                Uff! I was afraid it was destroyed by a Musketeer...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X