No announcement yet.

Atomic Eagle II: The Price of Freedom - Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it, I knew I'd get it wrong. Babelfish isn't that great. Thanks, updated

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
      This is a request for Tech. Is there a decent event guide for ToT so I can get the Flag designation and unit pop events to work correctly? I want to also include a dynamic city capture/ unit pop event ladder in the game to depict German reinforcements in response to an American advance. I'll need to know exactly how the flags work and how many techs I might need to use for any sort of nesting for the ladder to work.
      Harry, the best guide to ToT flag and mask events language is in the tip section of the Cradle of Civilization. William Keenan did ground breaking stuff with ToT. Unfortunately, the url doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Perhaps related to the generalized confusion on 'poly at the moment.

In the meantime, have a look at the events for Red October and Operation Market-Garden. I did push the envelope for ToT events in those scenarios, if I do say so myself.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
        @ Leonidas: That's almost the same wiki entry I found. The Devil's Brigade would be a perfect unit to include. Made up of both U.S. and Candian soliders, I think it will fit in quite well. Do they have an insignia or was it totally black ops?
        Harry:

Here's a page that shows the shoulder patch for the Devil's Brigade:

Comment

So that's the patch? Ok, I don't know what I found then. I'll use this one.
          Attached Files

Comment

so how is it going with this one?
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

It's going. I'll try and work on it this week. I had the CPA last week but now I have some free time.

Comment

Initial defender units placed...

Comment

Say Harry, I wonder if it would be possible to get a deadline from you for when you want the title graphic? I realize thats likely the smallest of your priorities, but I have allot on my plate right now with work and what not so I'd feel much better knowing when it needs to be done so I don't let you down . Nothing specific, maybe just a ballpark date.

Also, are you going to be using any of Curt's new WW2 era city graphics? I ask because the last city graphics preview we had was before his latest city styles were released.

Comment

No time table Chris. I've got a lot of real life stuff to do right now and I'm putting the scenario together little by little. Thanks man, take your time.

As for the city graphics I think I'll stick with the ones Curt donated. I think that they're the right ones for the scenario. They're the second to last set he released, the non-glossy ones.

Comment

Just as a point of interest to those of us who remember this project, it seems the makers of the classic "Medal of Honor" and "Call of Duty" have a project of their own in the works that reminded me of Harry's little gem here.

It's called "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty" and like in HT's Atomic Eagle universe, America is invaded by Hitler's Germany in the late 1940's/early 50's after a change of historical events means America never went to war in Europe. The German invasion is also waged with the same collection of next generation jet fighters and other high tech weapons Harry planned to have the invading Nazi's equipped with.

Here's the wikipedia article if anyone's interested.

Comment

I demand royalties.

Comment

For the record I still say "The Price of Freedom" is a much better title than "Fall of Liberty" so you'll always have that on them Harry .

Comment

Working...
                          X