No announcement yet.

SciFi/Fantasy Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, everything that gets posted is free for use,to make people think "Civ can do that!"
    And I am tinkering with a mythological creature compilation of this style as we speak...
    AKA Tanelorn.
    Big, big smile.

Comment

• It's together. The Myrror scen has all its parts and functions. Just need to test briefly to see if the numbers will work, fine-tune it with necessary events, and spruce up the events file with sounds and text popups.

There are quite a few acceptable techs leftover, if anyone has any ideas about things done simply with event-gifted technologies.

I'll try to post the current version of the units file here;
      Attached Files
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Very interesting. ToT though,Myrror and Arcanus, something worth thinking about...
        AKA Tanelorn.
        Big, big smile.

Comment

• Actually . . . . .

There have been a few ideas that occurred to me . . .

Considered creating an Advancing-in-combat-levels arrangement. It'd use 4 different unit graphix slots, with each one more powerful-looking than the one before. The idea would be to allow the player to get the unit killed 4 times, with an event each time creating the next unit in order at a home base. A text popup would mention that our hero has been injured, but is recovering nicely at home. Of course, each new incarnation would be more powerful, mobile, etc. Tanelorn, it was one of your graphic sets that gave me the idea.

I also considered an uber-beckhorn type thing, done on a gigamap. The problem of levels of dungeon intrigued me. The idea is that deeper levels of dungeon provide more and better treasure, but that also generate more dangerous monsters. But how do you keep units confined to a given "level?" Make the cities "stairways." Each stairway would be set up so that; 1.) it doesn't grow 2.) it has an airport 3.) it's isolated from monsters. The stairways would, then, allow players to move to whatever "level" they desired to go to (the cities would have names like "level 1" etc.) by way of the airport/airlift. A unit slot could be devoted to "stairway" and make the unit so defensively powerful that it fends off all monster attacks. That way the stairways stay controlled by the player, and the monsters will be confined to the levels where they are placed. A gigantic dungeon could be made, filled with monsters, and a whole series of wandering monster triggers/events put in place to keep things lively. Important treasures would generate text popups, and a series of events could be used, in conjunction w/Leonardo, so that the player unit would be upgraded/acquire a new level at specified points in the game or when the right treasures were uncovered. Bad thing about it is that it wouldn't be much fun for moi, lol. Others might enjoy such a thing, though. Sounds simple enough. No city-building, no tech, could make it single or multi-player.
          Lost in America.

Comment

• Always a need for more pure fantasy mods, and this sounds very interesting...
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Since there seems to be a very large selection of "Fantasy" units being put out right now, perhaps someone could make some "H.P. Lovecraft" units, or at least a "Cthulhu" or two...
              Please put Asher on your ignore list.
              Please do not quote Asher.
              He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

• A multi-level scenario? The solution is obvious!
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• I think I understand. Favflight's FW "Fellowship" and "Moria" used unbeatable PC/NPC blocking immobile units to contain the monsters in the section/dungeon part in a similar fashion. I really liked the wall the player was supposed to dig through with a pickaxe (air unit/fighter AFAIK)."Missle" units could even be one use keys for immobile "air" domain doors.
                  AKA Tanelorn.
                  Big, big smile.

Comment

• The air-unit-as-doors idea had also crossed my mind. It might be possible to create player ground units w/attack-air-units special so that air-doors can be attacked/opened only by these units. Magic users, obviously, who have open door spells.

Brian, a gigamap would work just fine. There could be a number of isolated island/levels and none need to be connected in any way except through the airport/stairways. These and the air doors should confine the monsters to a given area/level/ilsland.
                    Lost in America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exile View Post
                      But how do you keep units confined to a given "level?"
                      In ToT, you could use impassable terrains and the four maps.

Comment

• The Myrror scen is developing quickly. Testing is tightening it up nicely.

Could use some more graphix, as some of the things I've got are mere placeholders.

Magical Miners
                        Leviathan
                        Sea Serpent
                        Dragon Turtle

Anyone wanna take a shot?
                        Lost in America.

Comment

• Really needed a dragon turtle, so put one together myself. Here it is;

I'm hoping that the graphix wizs around here will be so apalled by this that they'll go ahead and make a better one. The scen is done, and everything works. Right now, just moving the numbers around to make things work the way I want.
                          Attached Files
                          Lost in America.

Comment

• Isn't that the head of one of the sea-dinosaurs and the body of an anklyosaurus from that old Dinosaur scenario?

Comment

• Three elves: A swordsman (marked with a cirth M on his shield), an elven captain (no helmet, red cloak), and a march warden or ranger.

I have this saved as a jpg as well, but it doesn't look as good when uploaded.

If someone could suggest how to take the basic body being used here and make a spearman from it, I would be very grateful.

Comment

• Nice. I have something ready but I am in Prague for the better part of this month.I will post it once I get back to Athens.
                                AKA Tanelorn.
                                Big, big smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X